BBC Leadership Debate - saving 56 minutes of your life!

threegee

Another farce perpetrated by our utterly biased BBC!  I'm not going to bore anyone with further comment, but will simply relay the correct answers to the questions.  These are answers no one at the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation actually wants to hear!

1) Can you guarantee to get Brexit through parliament by the end of October?

A) Of course it can't be 100% guaranteed. No one can guarantee it, and anyone that does guarantee it must be looked upon suspiciously. However, the plan that gives us the highest possibility of success is to inform the EU we will be leaving on WTO terms at the end of October, state clearly that there will be no money changing hands in that case and we will start to prepare for a WTO brexit as pace. If or when the EU want to come to London to discuss altering the current deal they have on the table we will of course listen to what they have to say.

2) In the event of a no deal, my husband could lose his job and my children face an uncertain future. Why contemplate a no deal?

A) There's no such thing as a no deal brexit.  Even if we were to leave at the end of October without the withdrawal agreement, over 100 agreements and side deals have already been reached to allow brexit to happen with a little impact to the current trading agreements. There's no reason to believe leaving on WTO terms will impact the property sector as that is largely unrelated to trade in international goods. As to your Children's future, there is little that they will not be able to do after a WTO withdrawal that they can do now.

3) How will you solve the issue of the Irish Border?

A) As PM I will not be putting up border infrastructure between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in any eventuality. If the EU wish to interfere with Irish national sovereignty and infrastructure and put up a border that is up to them and it is something that we will strenuously point out to the EU and Ireland is not a good idea. Unfortunately the residents of Ireland will not be able to ask these questions of the candidates of the EU presidency as there is no election and the decision about who is to be president is made behind closed doors.

4) What is your plan to lift the tax burden on the working classes?

A) I will align national insurance to the income tax rates. Ensure nobody working on the living wage pays any tax. Ensure that the basic rate bands are extended to ensure people aspire to progress and generate jobs, and will link the bands to inflation so they continue to raise automatically. I will also within the parliament combine employees NI and income tax to streamline and make the burden of administering your tax affairs simpler as well.

5) What are you going to do for vulnerable children?

A) While Government spending has decreased to councils, the local councils have been able to keep more of the income from business rates. This offsets the cuts and gives the councils more incentives to regenerate their local high streets and retail areas. Unfortunately some councils have chosen to stockpile their cash and use the government cuts as a smokescreen for poor performance. I will conduct a thorough investigation in to each and every council that has reduced support for vulnerable people and if they have been found to be wasteful with money then I will ensure there are special measures implemented to improve their financial management. Where councils are found to be in genuine need then, yes, I will look to improve the funding, but this is not a zero sum game. If we put more money in to supporting vulnerable people we need a grown up conversation about which programmes we will have to take money from to do that.

6) Do words have consequences?

A) Yes, of course they do. Some words more so than others. Just last week the BBC allowed a comedian to claim that they thought battery acid should be thrown on politicians. A disgusting comment. Unfortunately the BBC is allowing that same comedian on air again. Comments that incite violence should never be tolerated. Similarly the anti semitic comments currently coming from the labour party membership shows just how far that party has descended in to racism. The Labour party has been referred to the equalities watchdog for its racist comments, the only other party to have do so before them is the BNP. A serious consequence for vile words.

7) Will you commit to zero carbon emission by 2025?

A) No I will not commit to zero carbon emission by 2025. Unfortunately, as unpalatable as this message is, the UK accounts for less than 1% of the world's CO2 output. The two biggest culprits are China and the US. Some of the biggest exports from the US and China are iphones, android phones laptops and consumer gadgets. If you really want a serious discussion on CO2 emissions, then I would like to see the climate rebellion take leadership by shunning all forms of phones and electrical equipment. Bringing London to a standstill is pointless. Going without electrical equipment is the kind of leadership that you will need to demonstrate if you want to be taken seriously.

Credit for the above goes to Brian Chambers.

I just switched on my old Doris Day 78rpm :-

When I was just a little girl

I asked my mother, "What will I be?

Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?"

Here's what she said to me

Que sera, sera

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love

I asked my lover, "What lies ahead?

Will we have rainbows day after day?"

Guess what my lover said

Que sera, sera

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

Now I have children of my own

They ask their mother, "What Bexit will I be?

Will It be pretty? Will It be rich?"

I tell them, "Wait and see."

Que sera, sera

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

Que sera, sera

19 minutes ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

I just switched on my old Doris Day 78rpm :-

When I was just a little girl

I asked my mother, "What will I be?

Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?"

Here's what she said to me

Que sera, sera

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love

I asked my lover, "What lies ahead?

Will we have rainbows day after day?"

Guess what my lover said

Que sera, sera

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

Now I have children of my own

They ask their mother, "What Brexit will it be?

Will It be pretty? Will It be rich?"

I tell them, "Wait and see."

Que sera, sera

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

Que sera, sera

Must learn to quality check - or should I attend 'typo' classes:)

It was a serious question, Vic. I'd like to read more from Brian Chambers. That, due to the humour rather than the content of the work. He managed to put a smile on my face and that's a rare sight the last six months. So, if anybody knows who he is or where I can find any oher works of Brian do let me know.

P.S. It was my old man who thought he might be a football player.

Edited by Canny lass

14 hours ago, Canny lass said:

Who is Brian Chambers? Football player?

There was a footballer of that name :- 

Brian Chambers
English footballer
image.jpeg.43b3545f56859ef97b708b578768c36e.jpeg

Description

Brian Mark Chambers is an English former professional footballer who played as a midfielder. He played in the Football League for Sunderland, Arsenal, Luton Town, Millwall, AFC Bournemouth and Halifax Town, before moving into non-league football. Wikipedia

Born: 31 October 1949 (age 69 years), Newcastle upon Tyne

Position: Midfielder

...but @threegee will know the answer :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now