Your Internet access is blocked.

@Andy Millne - I haven't thoroughly looked at this yet but thought it worth letting you know just in case it's the bedlington.co.uk platform that's causing the problem and possibly stopping potential users viewing and joining this site.

I decided it's time I added to my collection of hardware bought a new Desktop PC, even though my 12 year old Desktop PC, running Windows Vista & Google Chrome, is still performing adequately :).

This comment is via my old PC. 

I spent this afternoon going through my list of - shortcuts & favorites = 50, on the old PC and creating them on the new PC - Windows 10 using Google Chrome to connect to the different sites.

49 of them worked without a problem and the one that failed was my attempted connection to this group - Your Internet Access is Blocked.

My first look at - Network - BT Hub - etc etc hasn't given me anything within my system to suggest it's my outward connection that's causing the problem.

Currently on the new PC, as it comes with a months free trial, is Norton Antivirus software.

I expect to resolve this problem next week and I will let you know the cause - or if the problem just went away without me knowing what I had done:).

And I thought it was only me Alan! I bought a ACER Aspire laptop that has the same problem,(Windows 10, I hate it!) all of the other devices are running just fine (though my Toshiba Satellite with Vista is developing a few problems! ) 

My Acer came with McAfee, now expired, I blamed it for the problems and have been unsuccessful at trying to remove it, I have even considered subscribing to it to see if it resolved the problem.  

Looking forward to see if Andy has a resolve!

Sorry I'm not able to determine at what point you're having a problem. You say

I spent this afternoon going through my list of - shortcuts & favorites = 50, on the old PC and creating them on the new PC - Windows 10 using Google Chrome to connect to the different sites.

49 of them worked without a problem and the one that failed was my attempted connection to this group - Your Internet Access is Blocked.

What is the address in your browser address bar when you get the error? Is "Your Internet Access is Blocked." the entire error message? Is there any further descriptive error?

16 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Sorry I'm not able to determine at what point you're having a problem. You say

What is the address in your browser address bar when you get the error? Is "Your Internet Access is Blocked." the entire error message? Is there any further descriptive error?

Sorry Andy - didn't give a full explanation.

Using Google Chrome I simply typed - bedlington.co.uk - into the search and the result was :-

Attempt1.jpg

So I copied the Bookmark that I use on my old system and this was the result :-

As I said in my first comment my attempts to connect to this site is the only one that has failed out of the 50 I wanted to create.

I was going to temporarily remove the Macafee security software (months free trial) that came with the system and try again but I haven't been able to work out how to switch it off and just use Windows Defender.

As the failed attempts suggested I ran Windows Network Diagnostics & check the Firewall and Antivirus settings I did but no problems detected, or that I could see. As I had had 49 that had worked to all manner of sites that's what I would have expected.

If there is anything recorded in the bedlingto.co.uk log files I made 10 attempts to connect this morning between 11:41 & 11:43, my time. 

Attempt2.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Straight through and logged in via the new PC

7 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Thanks Alan that's helpful. I'm going to make some changes that should address this. It might take up to 48 hours to take affect.

Straight through and logged in @Andy Millne👍

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now