Councillor Crosby - Recent vandalism

As some of you will be aware, there have been several incidents of criminal damage in the area over the past couple of weeks. These incidents have consisted of houses being targeted and windows broken as well as vehicles having their windscreens and other windows smashed. Whilst this would be traumatic for anyone who is the victim of such crimes, it is particularly distressing for anyone who may be elderly and be the repeat victim of such crimes.

The police are doing what they can, but as we all know, there are less Police Officers available to do the job as effectively as they once did. I have been speaking to them over the weekend, and I know they were conducting door- to- door enquiries in the area following the recent spate of incidents.

They have asked me to request that those of you that live in the Alfred Avenue/Seaton Avenue/Lily Avenue area with CCTV or dashcams could look at your footage you have from 3.00am – 5.00am on Sunday 10 March to see if you can spot any suspicious looking males. If so, can you let the Police know. It would also be helpful if anyone lives in the wider surrounding area to check also.

It doesn’t matter how innocuous of trivial you may think it is, report everything. Let the Police decide and investigate as to whether it is relevant or not. The Police are stretched, and they need the help of our community if we are to track down the perpetrator(s) of these crimes.

If you have any information, please ring 101. There is no need to have an Officer come to see you if that is your preference, just tell the call handler that when you’re on the ‘phone. I know it can be frustrating waiting for your call to be answered but the call centres are as understaffed as the police Officers on the street so please try and be patient.

If you’d rather, you can contact the Police online if you follow this link: –

https://services.northumbria.police.uk/online-services/tell-us-something/

There may be some of you who don’t feel comfortable contacting the police. If that’s the case, you can always contact me, and I’ll pass on the information.

Tel: 07779 – 983656 or email me at: –

E-mail: bill.crosby@northumberlnd.gov.uk

Let’s see if we can all work together and put a stop to these incidents that are causing so much distress and fear in our community.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now