TIGs We Can Trust

threegee

"There is a rapidly growing petition to re-run the referendum but I would strongly oppose such a move because Britain has already delivered its verdict. Those MPs who, like myself, came to a different view during the campaign must not seek to obstruct the decision of the people".

Sarah Wollaston MP: June 2016

• threegee changed the title to TIGs We Can Trust
23 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

I won't sign:), and I voted 'Remain'.

If you are looking for a currently running petition Eggy then try this one for size: :D
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/242193

BTW, you might have noticed that this is precisely what both those who defected from the Tories to Ukip honourably did, and I think both were re-elected as a result.

..still no response from the government :- 

Why would the people with their noses in the trough ever agree to this without receiving a huge kicking at the polls first?  The same is true for constituents right of recall of their MP.  When Carswell tried to introduce a RoR bill it was rapidly buried by the establishment.  We are going to have to drag the ConLabLib alliance kicking and screaming into the 21st Century!

• Like 1

Chuka Umunna  : "I never felt entirely comfortable as a Labour MP".

How thrilling for all those people who elected him as one, and aren't going to be given the choice of another.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

And another one representing #1, and who refuses to do the honourable thing...

Nck Boles has quit his local Conservative association in the face of efforts to deselect him over his views on Brexit. The former minister said he was resigning "with immediate effect" because he disagrees with his association's support for a no deal Brexit, which he said will "do great harm".

However, Mr Boles said he will continue to "take the Conservative whip" at Westminster if it is offered "on acceptable terms".

Is he going to refuse to accept the money when he decides not to do what he was elected for, but committed to do in order to get the job?  Answers on a post card...

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now