Hide Adverts
Rigger

Bedlington Cricket Club 1936

Cames across this medal which belonged to me father George Johnstone.  The medal is inscribed Bedlington CC 1936.  I knew my father played for West Seekburn 2nd XI who were League Champions in 1931 and have a photo of that team.  I was not aware my father played for Beblington CC.  Any 1936 photos out there?

Cricket Medal Back.JPG

Cricket Medal Front.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rigger said:

Cames across this medal which belonged to me father George Johnstone.  The medal is inscribed Bedlington CC 1936.  I knew my father played for West Seekburn 2nd XI who were League Champions in 1931 and have a photo of that team.  I was not aware my father played for Beblington CC.  Any 1936 photos out there?

Never seen any posted on any of the sites @Rigger. Some names that have been associated with Bedlington Cricket Club throughtout the 20th century are Hemsted - Straker and Pearson. There are a couple of relatives of these familes eg - Mal Jovi Hemsted on the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group that might be able to help you.

Bedlington Cricket Club do have a web site but there are no historical records on that site  :-  http://bedlington.play-cricket.com/ 

Thanks for your help.  Will give give it a try.  The names you mention associated with Bedlington CC I can just remember from the the distant past!  I remember working with a guy at Dr Pit called Bill Anderson, a Terrier breeder, he was a wicket keeper at Bedlington CC at one time with the nickname 'hands'.  I was never sure if it was a compliment!!

• Like 1

Just remembered - I once played in a Bedlington CC medal competition, about 1967 for the 'Butchers X1 ( I was dating George Hemsted's daughter) and got talked into it. The late Keith Lockey started a topic about this competition back in 2014 :-  https://www.bedlington.co.uk/forums/topic/5298-bedlington-cricket-trophy/?tab=comments#comment-54251