And About Time Too!

Site revamp in progress - fully funded by a real live commercial sponsor! :)

Five more commercial sponsors needed to keep the wheels rolling, but I guess that I'm just going to have to get on the phone.

Anyone with any ideas of which Bedlingtonshire businesses would make fitting sponsors please post or PM me? It's not a charity thing, they'll get far more bang than they pay for in supporting our Town!

Site revamp in progress - fully funded by a real live commercial sponsor! :)

Five more commercial sponsors needed to keep the wheels rolling, but I guess that I'm just going to have to get on the phone.

Anyone with any ideas of which Bedlingtonshire businesses would make fitting sponsors please post or PM me? It's not a charity thing, they'll get far more bang than they pay for in supporting our Town!

any chance of some details? i know a few people...

how much, what do you get etc, if you please!

It's very modest. We need a total of £600 a year to keep things going and pay for further development. This includes server, registration, software licensing, and a little professional time. There's absolutely no intention of continuing to run bedlington.co.uk on other than a community support basis.

Rather than pack the place out with banners and other unsightly stuff that means six sponsors at £100 a shot. So far we have one, which is funding the current work and software upgrades. It's my intention to get on the phone and ask for sponsorship next week. The first five Bedlington businesses who say yes to < £2 a week for a year get it. After that they go on queue for first refusal for next year.

The sponsor gets home page placement of their 240 x 400 advert (a proper ad., not a banner) and a 1 of 6 basis, and generous mentions elsewhere. We'll do the artwork for them for free, and they can use the ad elsewhere if they want.

What they also get is their own website linked to from the Google #1 on the Bedlington keyword. Which is worth a fortune in the search engine positioning stakes. You could pay a search engine positioning outfit many times £100 and still get nowhere!

The theme is: Keep it very simple, keep it fully transparent, and keep it fully voluntary! :)

It's very modest. We need a total of £600 a year to keep things going and pay for further development. This includes server, registration, software licensing, and a little professional time. There's absolutely no intention of continuing to run bedlington.co.uk on other than a community support basis.

Rather than pack the place out with banners and other unsightly stuff that means six sponsors at £100 a shot. So far we have one, which is funding the current work and software upgrades. It's my intention to get on the phone and ask for sponsorship next week. The first five Bedlington businesses who say yes to < £2 a week for a year get it. After that they go on queue for first refusal for next year.

The sponsor gets home page placement of their 240 x 400 advert (a proper ad., not a banner) and a 1 of 6 basis, and generous mentions elsewhere. We'll do the artwork for them for free, and they can use the ad elsewhere if they want.

What they also get is their own website linked to from the Google #1 on the Bedlington keyword. Which is worth a fortune in the search engine positioning stakes. You could pay a search engine positioning outfit many times £100 and still get nowhere!

The theme is: Keep it very simple, keep it fully transparent, and keep it fully voluntary! :)

Hi Threegee,

Can't get through by email at the moment. Please give me a ring regarding the above.

You should be able to PM me. However I will ring you tomorrow (Monday) as it's too late now.