Hide Adverts
Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Stokers Buildings - Choppington/Scotland Gate

@Joan Eadington - started a topic in the 'Discussion' section rather than discuss in the Gallery section.

I only know of Stokers Buildings and Stokers Yard in Bedlington.

There are currently properties for sale with the postcode - NE62 5SE = Choppington = Stokers Buildings but I don't know if these houses are built where the old Stokers Buildings of Choppington would have been sited.:(

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

@Newbedders - I'm not a member of the National Library of Scotland or the Old Maps site and I get different results each time I visit the sites. The NLS has so many different options so I had a look at the different years displayed on the                                                             

https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/427570/581434/10/100708 site and  non of the buildings - Stoker's - Pringle's - Foster's - Fenwick's or Rutter's appear on the maps pre 1922. Stokers Buildings I could only find on the 1922 & 1924 maps. On the 1937 map Stoker's Buildings are not identified but Fenwick's Buildings appear near to where Stoker's  buildings were :unsure:  

Buildings comp.jpg

The map I’ve shown is the 25 inch version, recently introduced, and often gives more info compared to the 6 inch versions.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• Five parks in Northumberland are to be upgraded thanks to an investment of £287,000.
      Northumberland County Council's cabinet approved to spend £204,000, with the remaining £83,000 funded by contributions from the likes of town and parish councils.
      As part of its medium-term financial plan, the local authority has already set aside capital funding of £150,000 per year from 2018-19 to 2020-21 to invest in parks and green spaces.
      So far, money has been spent at Jennings Field in Bedlington , Astley Park in Seaton Delaval, and Eastwood Park in Prudhoe.
      Following the sign-off on Tuesday, Blyth's Ridley Park and Mermaid play area, Alexandra Park in Cramlington , Gallagher Park in Bedlington, and Rothbury's Riverside play area are all set to benefit.
      At Ridley Park, £45,000 will be spent in total with £25,000 being used to refurbish the hugely-popular water play area.

• Latest Topics