Bedlington Man Plays for Manchester United

Rigger

As an afterthought, Billy who aam on aboot,also lived in Beattie  Road,and will be getting on for 74 years noo.....same age as me.

8 hours ago, Rigger said:

Jim, thanks for the information it confirms everything in my family tree.  Mrs McGlen in the photo would have the maiden name Hobson. Eggy, Is the it ok if I use the photo in my records?  Also for my records can you tell me Bellas married name.

@Rigger - no problem - any photo I post is for sharing.

As for Bella's maiden name that will be down to @jimmcglen

@HIGH PIT WILMA

6 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Wow! Wat a blast from thi past for me!

Hi Eggy,and all on the forum!First off,Billy McGlenn didn't play in my Rock  group,in the 1960's.

I have known Billy practically aal me life,and when we left school in 1959,[Billy was at the Catholic school],we both started our pit training together at Seaton Burn colliery training centre.

Billy was a small blonde lad,very sociable and a born comedian,served his time at the pit,then left later on to join the Merchant Navy.

That was just me being lazy Bill - thought I remembered you mentioning Billy McGlenn before but I didn't bother searching - just guessed:D.

Thanks everyone for the all information provided. I have learnt so much about the people I knew in the distant past from this post. It's good to know so many are still around.  Whilst I no longer live in Bedlington I use this site frequently to keep abreast of what is happening and enjoy the contents.  Thanks

@jimmcglen - I have been attempting to identify everyone in our old family photos and my London cousins have also sent me photos  to identify. One of the photos, outside No 11 Beatty Road, with two of my cousins, Sheila & Lawrence Moore (mother = Peggy Henderson) plus 3 children that I would assume lived in Beatty Road. The date of the photo would be c1960.

I can't remember the two faces on the right as you look at the photo but the lad on the left is definitely familiar but I haven't been able to drag a name out of my memory. Could he be a McGlenn? 

Sheila and Laurence 3nk Beatty Road 1960.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now