Jump to content
Hide Adverts
Canny lass

The world has gone mad

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Steve Turnbull said:

What a wonderful word! I shall tell her that, she’ll appreciate it. I’m her designated Head Gardener here at the moment as she’s away for six weeks on an internship at Woburn Abbey. Difficult to hide how proud I am of how far she’s come, and the gardens have played a massive part. 

When you think about it we aren’t so very different to plants. We need also need a firm anchorage in a place that can provide nourishment so that we can grow and develop. Somebody to care for us who can recognize our need for – and give - a bit of extra support when needed and somebody who can see and appreciate the beauty within us even when we are just a simple bud or battered by the elements.  We should all be gardeners whether or not we have a garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2018 at 10:02, Canny lass said:

When you think about it we aren’t so very different to plants. We need also need a firm anchorage in a place that can provide nourishment so that we can grow and develop. Somebody to care for us who can recognize our need for – and give - a bit of extra support when needed and somebody who can see and appreciate the beauty within us even when we are just a simple bud or battered by the elements.  We should all be gardeners whether or not we have a garden.

I agree but with a young adult that wouldn't always accept experience; pointers, help; rational arguments etc I could go into the garden and just nip out the head of a plant and encourage it to grow the way you wanted to, without a debate. Now that was therapy and it saved me on many an occasion from removing the head from the young adult:punk:

Edited by Eggy1948

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eggy1948 said:

I could go into the garden and just nip out the head of a plant and encourage it to grow the way you wanted to

I think that aspect is covered by "somebody to care for us".

 

PS What is that emoji? It looks like Kim Jong-Un.

Edited by Canny lass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

PS What is that emoji? It looks like Kim Jong-Un.

It's the closest, on this site, I have found for 'Peace man' but I it's just intended to be 'Punk'.

Hover your mouse (or whatever ) over the emoji and the meaning is displayed.

Edited by Eggy1948

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eggy1948 said:

Hover your mouse (or whatever ) over the emoji and the meaning is displayed.

Just showed that to the oldman. I thought he was going to choke on his coffee! Something to do with the meaning of the word 'mouse'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts


×