Thought for the Day

In an ideal world: we'd all live forever, and the Earth's population would now be approaching one hundred billion.  Therefore.. oh!

• Like 1

And some people would still whinge there were too many houses and not enough services.

Could Amazon & Sports direct cope with that number online.

It's a pity the councils couldn't have a production line like in Brave New World and flick the switch to produce more doctors etc.

But I would still be singing and dancing in the rain - doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do

• Haha 2

In an ideal world: Jeremy Corbyn would be our conscience, and Donald Trump would be our provider.  In the real world: they both demand to be both!

• Like 1

Monday 28th May, 2018

Why are people who advocate respecting animal rights utterly disrespectful of all other rights?

ELFZ4GW2RRRKZDEFAU3K_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqe

Marlow Butchers, in, Ashford, Kent, was targeted earlier this month by activists who daubed red paint on the doors and windows of the shop.

Since then, the business has been subjected to online abuse.

Wayne Marlow, who runs the business with his father and brother, told Kent Online: "On the internet it has been very threatening.

"It has got ridiculous - activists from as far away as Australia are getting involved.

"The internet is the worst thing as not only are they threatening to physically destroy our business, but they are also tying to ruin our reputation online, too, by leaving negative reviews and comments.

"They want to close us down and people are threatening to smash the windows or petrol bomb the store.

• Like 1

At what point do vegans consider slaughtering animals for food is a no-no?

I often hear them moaning about the killing of animals such as chickens, sheep and cows, but strangely never hear them complaining about entire ecosystems of birds, bugs, and small mammals being destroyed when a farmer fetches in his grain crops to provide vegans with bread and seeds. 

I love all animals and wouldn't hurt a fly, but would happily eat a vegan if stranded with one on a desert island! 

• Like 4

the answer is …. slowly roast a potato over an open fire and if you listen very carefully you can hear it squeal...… now how does that sit easy on your conscience?

I think its yet another group of altruistic well wishers with a genuine belief that have been hi-jacked by a militant group/s with their own agenda, as was green peace and many others, purely for the purpose of disseminating dissent and dare I say?? anarchy?? there is a symbol for that but its not on my keyboard!!

I saw an advert once for vegetarian black pudding -- I can only assume it was made from the blood of vegetarians ---RESULT!!!

As an aside I aside I saw a picture recently of a 'vegan' (are these folk characters from star trek?) protesting outside a DAIRY with a placard stating 'meat is murder' (I haven't given it the respect of capitals) -- er do these folk realise that you don't kill the cow for milk??

I have respect for other folks views, but please don't shove rabbit food down my neck and I wont shove my meat down yours....ahem

I have just conducted an experiment -- I offered the pup a choice between a brussels sprout and a roast pigs lug --he chose the latter - i examined both beforehand and although I do like a sprout, the pigs lug was def. more appealing to me -- but there again I have just been away in a field with a load scouts since Thursday, and am in a mind that perhaps Herod had the right idea....   

1 hour ago, pilgrim said:

I have just conducted an experiment -- I offered the pup a choice between a brussels sprout and a roast pigs lug --he chose the latter - i examined both beforehand and although I do like a sprout, the pigs lug was def. more appealing to me

Talking about pigs lugs, I wonder how the Bedlington Tesco's development is progressing? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now