Bedlington........Dying On Its A..e

On 30/05/2018 at 23:25, moe19 said:

Some who post here ... are blinkered and biased attacking me if I dare to complain about  what they seem to think is paradise or heaven on earth. 

So you think you are being attacked, Moe! Don’t you think that you are being just a bit hypersensitive? As far as I can see, it’s only yourself who is having their posts censored by admin because you are dishing out personal insults. Need I say more about being attacked?

I think what you should have said is that you are being asked questions about Bedlington which you are unable/unwilling to answer and I think you are misinterpreting this as being “attacked” or at least 'not believed'. Did you ever get off your high horse just long enough to consider that people may be really interested in the size of the problem you describe? I certainly am. I have seven lovely, musically talented grandchildren ranging from age 11 to 24, for whom Bedrock might be a nice event to visit with me. I could maybe even combine it with the heritage trail (note, I use the word ‘heritage’ not ‘history. I don’t think you understand the difference). It would have been nice if, instead of throwing out insults, you could have answered my questions about the size of the problem, thereby allowing me – and anybody else who may be interested - to make an informed decision as to whether or not the event was suitable for just me/them.

After all is said and done, we are all individuals. What’s one man’s meat is another man’s poison. Some people will be offended at very little while others have more patience and understanding. Take the noise outside your house as just one example. People could make as much noise as they like for me outside of mine. I’m semi retired and choose myself when I work. I don’t have to get up for work the next day so I could make the sleep up whenever I wished. You, on the other hand are clearly still working, so I can understand your irritation. Please don’t take it out on members of this site.

It’s the same with events involving crowds and alcohol. Inebriated people spewing or relieving themselves publicly wouldn’t spoil my day, anybody can be caught short or drink too much and I think that’s just part of the scene. However, were it dozens of people then I wouldn’t take the grandchildren. It clearly disturbs you as a now non-drinker and people’s advocate regarding public toilets. That’s fair enough but do allow, or even help, others to decide what they themselves are willing to put up with for a good day out. You have a veritable mountain of unanswered questions which interested members have asked: myself, Eggy, Vic, for example. Swallow your pride and start writing.

Edited by Canny lass
  • Like 1