Firewall switched off to access this site

Whilst discussing an Album in the Gallery with a new member, @Alison Waters she commented :- just a message for the administrator of this page - I can only get on if I turn off my firewall for 15 mins. Not sure what causes that but just thought I'd mention it as it may be putting off other users.

I don't know all the 'ins-and-outs' of Alison's system just a few bits and wondered if the following info would spark a solution, for Alison, from @Andy Millne or @threegee.

I asked Alison what security software she was running and she replied :- Google chrome plus Malwarebytes and McAfee.

I know that's not a lot of info but there just might be something recorded within the bedlington.co.uk logs recording the problem that Alison is having that Admin can use to identify the cause of her problem :iiam: 

• Like 1

My advice - which will be echoed by millions of others - is to remove McAfee in its entirety and install something like Avast (free edition).  Life can be challenging enough without McAfee!

What exactly does she mean by "get on"?  Does she mean she can't view all pages (or certain pages); does she mean that she can't sign in, or can't upload pictures?

Chrome is currently experiencing major problems with the latest Windows 10 update, so try another browser.  I'm presently having problems on some newspaper sites when using Chrome.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-april-2018-update-problems-microsoft-working-on-fix-for-chrome-issues/

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now