Has anybody noticed?

Guest lesmes

Thanks Andy. I wasn't implying that there was any intention to mislead people, I just couldn't understand why anybody would need or want two accounts. However, judging by the response, there seem to be many reasons why somebody would want two accounts - none of them decent.

Two accounts must be a devil of a job with the logging in process. Can one have the same log-in details for two accounts?

oo the rend in morpeth -- many times spent there and the café upstairs next to smailes and crawfords-- happy days 

but I have worked out the reason for the irrational and unprovoked onslaught tother day - it was Sunday and therefore we must blame the  Anglican church and the government for the Sunday trading laws - i.e. -- Sunday - no chemists open -ergo no preparation H and having piles (of that ilk) is enough to make anyone liverish... long may they continue for some .... (since there seems to be a musical slant to that - how about goldfinger?? if they really itching)

anyhows I was in the parish yesterday and will be tomorrow and for next few days and I will purchase locally at the many and varied local shops owned by interlopers from far afield - ah this England - this sceptred isle - where pigs heads are put on synagogues doorsteps and 3rd April has been publicised as punish a Muslim day  - it makes ya proud to be British... when are we going to pencil the annual festival of Kristallnacht?? oh and don't forget the marches for solidarity planned by muslims in Newcastle and the long standing free food at any gurdwara  - oh and the mosgues that have opened up food support for the homeless -- far more than any Christian faith.

as the bard said (roughly) in every bed of roses there's a prick -- or was that thorn -- same thing -sort of -maybe hamlet touched upon it in the bit about outrageous fortune - or maybe not 

I await to be shot down -- but be warned I am not an easy target!

7 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

was referring neither to thee nor me when I posted that CL - as I am 'pile free' although I am in the parish later today and hope its not something in the air down there.

The air is probably OK but do steer clear of chocolate eggs - especially those without the word Easter. They are the cause of much misery and discontent.

On the subject of Easter, I've got a pigeon away to the Bishop of Durham only this morning related to church attendance at Easter services. I anticipate his reply within the next few days.

19 minutes ago, moe19 said:

Big Gob and Snug Mug talking aboot  tha arses, a supoos it mekes a change from talking oot tha arses

Translation, for our non-Geordie members (bracketed text for information only):

Big mouth and cosy face (I don't understand it either) talking about their buttocks, I suppose it makes a change from talking out of their buttocks.

• Like 1

On 2018-03-14 at 11:10, Canny lass said:

On the subject of Easter, I've got a pigeon away to the Bishop of Durham only this morning related to church attendance at Easter services. I anticipate his reply within the next few days.

BREAKING NEWS .... Carrier pigeon gone missing over Boghouses .... the landlord of the Bishop of Durham public house says pigeon ate a good breakfast of maize and was fine when he left ..... sabotage suspected ........ advises use Wikipedia instead.

3 hours ago, Canny lass said:

BREAKING NEWS .... Carrier pigeon gone missing over Boghouses .... the landlord of the Bishop of Durham public house says pigeon ate a good breakfast of maize and was fine when he left ..... sabotage suspected ........ advises use Wikipedia instead.

Two arrived here but there was no message attached, they were very tasty.

• Sad 1

was in the parish today and saw no snakes - possibly because of the weather - but I did (or should that be did not?) notice any significant pigeon population - is this because of the culinary deviance of Vic?

J'accuse!!!!!

(CL - does that pigeon lay choccy eggs ?  if so can ya send me a breeding pair)

• Like 2

you say it was called 'Henry'  ... I am suspicious of that - was his real name perhaps --'speckled Jim' ???? and if so we now know the alter ego of VIc Patterson !!! and that's not a bad thing as I do like a large dose of healthy cynicism - its what keeps local councils in check!!

54 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

you say it was called 'Henry'  ... I am suspicious of that - was his real name perhaps --'speckled Jim' ???? and if so we now know the alter ego of VIc Patterson !!! and that's not a bad thing as I do like a large dose of healthy cynicism - its what keeps local councils in check!!

General Melchett would never have allowed Speckled Jim anywhere in the vicinity of Boghouses! He was a noble bird (bit like yours truly). 

3 hours ago, pilgrim said:

I don't understand that comment "we now know the alter ego of Vic Patterson" also 

is this because of the culinary deviance of Vic?" I hope you don't think that it was me who ate the bird! I think you made a wrong assumption that it was me who ate them, not guilty.

somehow the latter comments put me in mind of a cartoon of Sylvester with some yellow feathers in his gob saying -- 'weren't me !! honest' (however the really satisfied look on Sylvester's face betrayed the truth (Merchant of Venice) it will out like feathers in ones throat).

perhaps we should rewrite the 'spam' sketch and song - substituting 'squab'

no offence intended Vic - was referring to the speckled Jim - where allegedly a certain officer  brought down a pigeon and was sustained by same.

interestingly it was a serious offence to kill pigeons during WW1 in the trenches. 

I have a friend who lives on the Blackadder- yes its a real place/river and is a colonel but is seconded to royal duties so will ask if he can take this to the highest authority (Madge) for an opinion

• Like 1

What a topic?

Interesting and funny to read.

All that remains is to say Happy Easter but that could be controversial.

Resurrection with eggs.

Then there is Mithras.

Blackadder would certainly have a few comments to make about this topic. Maybe even a new series of programmes. 

37 minutes ago, Maggie/915 said:

Then there is Mithras.

Blackadder would certainly have a few comments to make about this topic. Maybe even a new series of programmes. 

We haven't even got them thing-a ma-jiggy-me-bob eggs off the shelves and the members are pushing for that thing-a ma-jiggy-me-bob retail event in December! Whats this world coming to:D

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now