Down The Woods

Blank

Here are some photographs I took while down the woods, thought I might as well put them here as no one seems to be using this area!

Don't reconise the second photo from the left, what is it? I reconise the other photos even though its been many years since I last went down the woods.

Don't reconise the second photo from the left, what is it? I reconise the other photos even though its been many years since I last went down the woods.

Pete - thats Janus!

:lol:

We got her / him installed a while ago now.

Janus was a Roman god. Here is some more about information about Janus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus_(mythology)

I have loads of photographs of Bedlington - since you don't live here anymore, you can request some if you want and I'll get them up!

That goes for anyone else outside the area!

PS: I had to edit out the graffiti on the right head entitled "N*b heed". hehe

Pete - thats Janus!

We got her / him installed a while ago now.

Janus was a Roman god. Here is some more about information about Janus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus_(mythology)

I have loads of photographs of Bedlington - since you don't live here anymore, you can request some if you want and I'll get them up!

That goes for anyone else outside the area!

PS: I had to edit out the graffiti on the right head entitled "N*b heed". hehe

Where exactly in the woods have they installed Janus? Yes I would love to see more photo's of Bedlington, I do still get up there as I have relatives that still live in Bedlington, but I only get up there about two or three times a year.

I miss Bedlington and would move back there tomorrow but my wife is Leicester born and bred and would not leave Leicester. Perhaps one day I will change her mind.

Where exactly in the woods have they installed Janus?

You can see Janus from standing on the bridge Pete, its just along the path a bit... just past that old ruin of a building. Its made of iron, and stands a bit taller than me (5ft 5).

I cant remember how much it cost or who made it...

You can see Janus from standing on the bridge Pete, its just along the path a bit... just past that old ruin of a building. Its made of iron, and stands a bit taller than me (5ft 5).

I cant remember how much it cost or who made it...

My favourite view of the River Blyth was from the old Oxcart road, which used (Or maybe still is!) about 150 yards up the road from the Bank top Hotel.

From there, you could see down the river, over the Black bridge, and all the way to Blyth. It was the river I wanted to look at though, not Blyth!

There was also a good view down to the Furnace Bridge, and the old Bedlington Ironworks site.

Any of those pictures, or of that area, would be very welcome to me!

Joe.

My favourite view of the River Blyth was from the old Oxcart road, which used (Or maybe still is!) about 150 yards up the road from the Bank top Hotel.

From there, you could see down the river, over the Black bridge, and all the way to Blyth. It was the river I wanted to look at though, not Blyth!

There was also a good view down to the Furnace Bridge, and the old Bedlington Ironworks site.

Joe.

That view is now obscured by trees Joe, partly demonstrated by my pic of Doyles shop.

Joe.

Joe, I can still smell the scent of the grass and wild flowers as you walked down that road, especally after it had been raining. My other memories of that road were that it was a bit steep when you walked back up.

Yip, really good pictures, excellent exposures..what camera are you using hon?

Hard to believe that bridge was used by the Blyth bus (48) before the blue bridge was built, double deckers going over that and up the bank, :blink:

Yip, really good pictures, excellent exposures..what camera are you using hon?

Hard to believe that bridge was used by the Blyth bus (48) before the blue bridge was built, double deckers going over that and up the bank, :blink:

The hair pin bend was dangerous in the winter the buses used to struggle.

Eye Pete, I remeber having to get out at the bottom of the bank, and walk up, the bus would come up empty, and we would all get on again...Remember one bus having to reverse up the bank for the lower gearing..yes the hair pin bank side was bad, but great for going down on bogies :lol::lol:

Eye Pete, I remeber having to get out at the bottom of the bank, and walk up, the bus would come up empty, and we would all get on again...Remember one bus having to reverse up the bank for the lower gearing..yes the hair pin bank side was bad, but great for going down on bogies :lol::lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now