Cricketv Low Score

Ovalteeny

Whilst doing some research at Woodhorn Archives, reading old copies of the Blyth News, one particular sporting item from 27th. August 1949 caught my eye. Bedlington 2nd's were playing against Broomhill in the Alnwick & District League (Div. A). The Bedlington team batted first and were all out for a measly 4 runs. The only 3 batsmen to score runs were R.D. Cole (1), H. Laws (1) and D. Routledge (2 n.o.). In reply the Broomhill team scored 6 for 0, taking just 2 overs to complete their victory. So; the question is "Does anyone know if this is a record low score for a Bedlington Cricket Club side, or has there ever verb a lower score ?".

• Like 1

No positive proof Ovaleeny - I posted your full comment on the Bedlington Cricket Club site :-   

https://www.facebook.com/bedlingtoncricketclub/?fref=nf

and one response from  - Mal Jovi Hemsted  - was :- My dad says this is the lowest he’s heard of

Mal's dad is Susan Hemsted's cousin Billy who is about our age and been involved with BCC all his life. Billy's dad Billy, along with many more of the Hemsted family, as you know have been involved with the club for donkeys years. 

• Like 1

Yeh, Eggy, I exchanged a few comments with Mal Jovi Hemsted on FB and I confirmed that his Dad Billy went to Westridge, the year behind me and that the family have been involved with Bedlington CC for generations. I remember Billy Senior, playing Cricket. If I'm not wrong both Billies (Snr & Jnr.) worked for Redifusion. Wonder if anyone can confirm that?  

• Like 1

Two f's in Rediffusion! ;)  Which was the trading name of Broadcast Relay Service Ltd.

brs_logo.JPG

Last full owner was The British Electric Traction Company plc - them wot formerly operated the trams in many cities - demise of the whole thing around 1988 I think.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now