Shh... whatever you do don't tell the Irish!

threegee

A senior Eurosceptic with knowledge of the discussions involving Cabinet ministers, including Mr Johnson and Mr Gove, told The Telegraph that No 10 had said a commitment to “full alignment” between the UK and the EU “doesn’t mean anything in EU law”.

A separate source confirmed that a specific Cabinet minister had been told by No 10 aides that the provision was “meaningless” and was simply included to secure Ireland’s approval for the document.

Seems like it isn't only the EU that is two faced.  I sort of get the impression that we are heading for a bad case of "irreconcilable differences" before the pantomime is over.  Well.. that's what a lot of us are really hoping! :D 

• Like 2

DT Headline: Theresa May to tell Ireland 'nothing is agreed' on terms of Brexit as row over deal intensifies

Oh dear, it seems that someone did tell the Irish!  How could this possibly have happened as we have a UK government and an EU, both so utterly united in themselves and singing from the same songsheets?

There must be someone somewhere who isn't thinking of the greater good of us all, and wishes for things to go very wrong.  We must find that selfish person and shame them - maybe a Twitter storm or a FB campaign?   Now who, in either the EU or the UK government, could possibly be operating to a personal agenda?  This is hard, I think I need another strong coffee.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now