Merry Christmas

Brian Cross

Maggie,nice to hear from you,I have PM'd you just now,only for decency,as the news I bring to you can be discussed on the forum another more suitable time,Jack used to be a regular contributor after I convinced him that this was the best,most sensible and decent discussion forum anywhere online.

I have found Facebook to be useful,and have re-connected with friends of old,even my Best Man at my Wedding,who I hadn't seen for a lot of years,and my Choppington High Pit Marra Eddy,who features unknowingly in all my 1960's pit recollections,who I haven't seen since 1985,it's brilliant!

Sadly,what comes with all this good,comes more of the bad,and swearing online in discussions,especially Womenfolk,disgust this old Miner who was brainwashed that ...."Noo Son,as soon as ee step oot that cage at bank,ye switch off,right?!..ye'll get ya lugs clipped if ye swear ootside o' these cage waals...!"

We were brought up in an age where it was unthinkable to swear in front of a Lady,so when a go on Facebook,and aam faced with this,and it's everywhere,and not just young lasses,older ones as well....but it's a good way to keep in contact with my two Sons who live in London,and Norfolk,so I have to bear the sleaze.

I am thankful for this site being so incredibly decent and civil,with many a great discussion over the years,by some great friends!

Cheers!

Bill.

P.S. Thanks Alan for your help as usual ,Marra,still waiting for another natter at the garden gate!!

Good to hear your news and views HPW.
Swearing is so much a part of life now.  I am afraid it is now used as expressive language and maybe has its uses in society .  I do hate confrontation and personal abuse in any argument . Our lives in Bedlington gave us a unique perspective often using humour to express a different viewpoint . 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now