Merry Christmas

Brian Cross

A Merry Christmas to one and all. Looking forward to my first Tumby Christmas. Hopefully, by then, we will have the heating and electric fixed so I won't have frozen to death. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

@Canny lass - Sweden has come up with a different Xmas present :-

_104892954_nils-2.jpg

AIK: The Swedish club selling ex-captain Nils-Eric Johansson's DNA

Nils-Eric Johansson played for Bayern Munich, Blackburn, Leicester and AIK in a 20-year playing career

What's your favourite piece of football memorabilia?

An autograph? Maybe a shirt worn by your favourite player?

How about the DNA of your club captain?

That is exactly what Swedish champions AIK are offering this Christmas.

For 3,499 Swedish krona (£307) fans can buy the crystallised DNA of club legend Nils-Eric Johansson, who was forced to retire in February because of a heart defect.

The 38-year-old's genetic make-up comes in a test tube and lasts for 500 years.

"It's like Jurassic Park!" Johansson tells BBC Sport. "In 500 years, you might see a lot of Johanssons running around, who knows?"

Johansson says technically he could be cloned, but a section of the DNA is removed to prevent "illicit or illegal behaviour".

"It is not 100% me; it is 99%. That 1% is very important for my own sake and protects my copyright to the DNA," says the former Bayern Munich, Blackburn and Leicester defender.

"You would not be able to put my DNA on a crime scene for instance, as it would not match perfectly, so you could tell it wasn't me."

He jokes: "[If you cloned me] it would probably be right-footed instead of left-

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

• 11 months later...

Seemed such a shame to start a new topic when this one is waiting to be recycled! 

The biggest, warmast, most heartfelt wishes to you all for a very merry Christmas. Of course, it could have been even better if things had been different from the beginning .....

384341_391413694261384_2031833689_n.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Seemed such a shame to start a new topic when this one is waiting to be recycled! 

The biggest, warmast, most heartfelt wishes to you all for a very merry Christmas. Of course, it could have been even better if things had been different from the beginning .....

384341_391413694261384_2031833689_n.jpg

There you go, women - multitasking again:D. I only have one thing on my mind = All the best CL.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now