Bedlington Terriers FC - 'Pitch in your support'

Posted on Facebook group Bygone Bedlington :- 

Karl Mason shared a link.

John I hope this is alright to be posted here if not please remove.

Please support Bedlington Terriers FC.

There is a £50k grant up for grabs that we are trying to win for Bedlington Terriers.

We were winning but have been overtaken 1f62e.png😮

https://www.buildbase.co.uk/pitch-in-your-support

Could you please ask your customers to vote for Bedlington Terriers for the wider benefit of Bedlington (really easy, less than 1 minute of your time) then get everyone they know to vote too? Thank you. Small club reliant on volunteers.

PIYS1.jpg

2 hours ago, Les Dixon said:

I'll vote on one condition, if the supporters stop parking in the streets next to the grounds and use the designated car park (Tesco).

It's impossible to park anywhere near your own house on a match day.

I doubt the club will ever be able to guarantee that Les. I suppose the more less support activities, like bowls, don't get all the same sort of crowds supporting them, and don't play in the winter months. 

I often wonder if they didn't have the football club on that land then would then could the facilities, for all the activities, survive?

I know it must be a bind, for locals, on match days but if the football club wasn't there would the land be sold off for housing?

I don't know the answers - I don't live near by so don't have a parking problem - I'm not involved with any activities in the park.

As a Bedlington lad I just wanted to help Bedlington Terriers. They are still second in the voting, behind Gainsborough. According to Wikipedia, 2015 figures, Gainsborough has a population of 22,000+ and Bedlington has 18,000+. 

Better To Try And Fail Than Never To Try At All :D

Just checked the positions - last week it was Bedlington  (population 18,000+) Terriers 2nd behind Gainsborough (population 22,000+) - this week Bedlington has leapfrogged Gainsborough :D but Aylesbury (population 56,000+) has leapfrogged them both :(

thumb-88-160px-aylesbury_f.c._logo_1508756332.jpg

Aylesbury FC

The SRD Stadium, Haywood Way, ...
thumb-89-badge_1508852050.jpg

Bedlington Terriers FC

Doctor Pitt Welfare Park, Park...
thumb-94-trinity-logo-final_1511361527.jpg

Gainsborough Trinity FC

Northolme, Gainsborough

James Matthewson - (Parliamentary Assistant House of Commons?) - just posted this on the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group site b:- 

James Matthewson.jpg

And after another comment, from Alan Edgar -   Might need a wider audience James - if someone had contacts with people on the local newspapers it might help. There may have been more voted but over the 4 sites I posted the request on only 20 members have commented that they have voted over the last week. As Bedlington Terriers appear to be the only North East team of the 19 teams in the list I think someone with more influence over the county may be of benefit

he replied :-    ....... will see what can be done 1f44d.png👍

Edited by Eggy1948

• 1 month later...

Just been back to check the positions but the vote has closed and I can't find anything on the site to say who came top - just that the voting is now closed  1f625.png😥

https://www.buildbase.co.uk/pitch-in-your-support

Edited by Eggy1948

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now