The Tumby Life

mercuryg

It is certainly a different place to Bedlington, this curious and extremely laid back little corner of Lincolnshire. As it tends to be quiet on here these days, I thought I'd offer you a little insight into my new surroundings. We have dogs - see the picture, that's two thirds of them - plus horses, both large and small, a donkey (fabulous ears) there goats, a cat, two tortoises and a lizard. That's the captive zoo; when it comes to wild animals, we have everything from mice and rats, a plethora of garden birds (of which the notorious Tumby Tits deserve singling out; you thought a pack of piranhas were fast? You should see this lot), squirrels, rabbits - including local wild black variety - badgers and moles, plus deer and a wide variety of game birds. And, last but not least, the legendary Dogdyke Werewolf, the corpse of which was allegedly dug up in an adjacent field, leading to the hapless young man who found it being terrorised and thus re-burying the bones, which lie their to this day...spooky!! Anyway, dogs...

4dogs.jpg

2 hours ago, mercuryg said:

It is certainly a different place to Bedlington, this curious and extremely laid back little corner of Lincolnshire. As it tends to be quiet on here these days, I thought I'd offer you a little insight into my new surroundings. We have dogs - see the picture, that's two thirds of them - plus horses, both large and small, a donkey (fabulous ears) there goats, a cat, two tortoises and a lizard. That's the captive zoo; when it comes to wild animals, we have everything from mice and rats, a plethora of garden birds (of which the notorious Tumby Tits deserve singling out; you thought a pack of piranhas were fast? You should see this lot), squirrels, rabbits - including local wild black variety - badgers and moles, plus deer and a wide variety of game birds. And, last but not least, the legendary Dogdyke Werewolf, the corpse of which was allegedly dug up in an adjacent field, leading to the hapless young man who found it being terrorised and thus re-burying the bones, which lie their to this day...spooky!! Anyway, dogs...

4dogs.jpg

But you're going to miss our latest watering hole,  I'll send you a pic after my first visit!

Hi MercuryG, sounds great, as you may remember from previous posts, I live in that neck of the woods. Well, about 30 minutes from there. Your doggies look well behaved. I love donkeys and goats, got no room for them at our pace though. We pass Tumby, well, the turning to Tumby, when we take a trip out to Skeg or Horncastle. It is a nice part of Lincs, enjoy.

9 minutes ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

Lord Lucan?

Aha, perhaps! It would appear I am Mercuryg when posting from my laptop, but my other self when on mobile. mucho confusing!

Yes Merc/Steve, it was me that had the A35, sadly due to arthritus I couldn't maintain it as I would like, so I sold it. However I have bought a 1965 Vespa, sound crazy but riding and maintaining that is ok. Did you have a relative called John (I think) that went to Westridge, 1962 on? If so I was in his class. 

Orloff, I think that would possibly be John Shelley; we have never met, but shared a much-missed uncle! Love the Vespa idea; do you take it to shows?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now