Welcome to Bedlington. If you're a resident or just visiting, you'll find everything you need here. There's no cost to participate and members see content not available to anybody else.

threegee

Another Life Lesson for the Snowflakes

threegee    665

Yes, another of the flagship promises to the gullible has bitten the dust.  What they were told would happen is now happening with a vengeance.

Image result for goodbye roaming charges picture

Now that the honeymoon period is over mobile charges are shooting up to compensate for the loss of revenue, so the only people to now benefit are a highly select number of highly mobile people, and you can guess what social group they are over represented in.

Personally I've seen my monthly PAYG charges bumped on both my continental SIMs.  But it's worse: you used to be able to buy a SIM card without a costly monthly contract, but when I walked into a phone shop recently expecting to be able to buy one for occasional calls on a new smartwatch, I was practically told to take a walk.  that's despite having all the necessary documents, ID cards, and tax certificates that continental bureaucracy require.  I eventually acquired one by reading loads of foreign smallprint on a double up scheme. This involved several trips to two shops, and an over the counter confrontation which involved calls to the network for permission - in fact the card was practically thrown at me.  It's still not enabled though!

You can't believe a word of EU propaganda, and in particular you can't believe a word of what is appearing in the EU compliant continental press. People have been led to believe that the UK is in total crisis, and Brits are deeply regretting their mistake.  This really is Orwellian in its implications. 

• Like 3

mercuryg    235

Interesting. My PAYG deal is the cheapest I've ever had. I mean, peanuts cost. Are they more expensive on the continent?

threegee    665
1 minute ago, mercuryg said:

Interesting. My PAYG deal is the cheapest I've ever had. I mean, peanuts cost. Are they more expensive on the continent?

Used to be very competitive with the UK here but prices are moving up sharply.  The point is that after ten whole years of discussion with the networks and much crowing the EU has achieved precisely nothing, or at least nothing positive. They've now made it impossible to obtain a SIM without a heavy monthly commitment, most of which you'll never use.

I suspect the rate of investment in 4G has been scaled back too. Yes, we do have 4G services in town here now, but it's often only token 4G, and when I go out on bike rides there are areas where even GSM drops out.  This isn't some third world backwater, as I believe there WERE more mobiles per head here than anywhere else in the world.

mercuryg    235

Sounds like a big difference, 3G. I'm in rural Lincolnshire at the moment and generally get a 4G signal. Mind, I suppose they have to provide it for the airbase a mile away!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest News

• This is the killer danger driver who left one teenage girl dead and another seriously injured.
      Jordan O’Donnell was behind the wheel of a Ford Mondeo when he lost control last month.
      Passenger Bethany Fisher died from her injuries while Meg McBurnie, who was also in the car, was badly her.
      After the crash in Bedlington, Northumberland, O’Donnell rang police and pretended his car had been stolen.
      As we revealed previously, he has been warned he faces a significant spell behind bars after admitting offences including causing death by dangerous driving.
      Now police have released his mugshot ahead of his sentencing hearing next month.

• Similar Content

• By threegee
      ...your "State of the Union" (now where have we heard that one before?) speech has gone down amazingly well in the UK.  It confirms everything the Leave campaign said about where the EU was surely headed.  I've now lost count of the number of if-only-we-had-known newspaper articles, and forum posts from people who voted Remain.  You've provided them with a admirable rationalisation for their change of mind.
      There never was a "Remain" status quo to vote for, as it was always your way or no way!  I suspect ever-increasing numbers of our continental cousins will be telling you "no way!" from now on.  The reactions to TM's speech in Florence on 22nd September are going to be... er.. interesting!
    • By threegee
      More news we won't hear reported on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation (or their chums at EU-funded propaganda machine C4):-
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/03/poorest-will-gain-brexit-says-labour-report/
      Meanwhile Blair - having failed at every other machiavellian ploy - is doing everything he can to ensure a "Soft Brexit" - a term created to pretend that democratic process is being followed whilst ensuring that nothing actually changes.  The French euro-elies got away with this by creating Merkron (no, not a typo!), and the French people have woken up the fact that they've been had in record time.

• By threegee
      EU membership is a truly excellent way to promote intercontinental harmony, and bury all those little past differences of viewpoint.  Peace in our time!  And... whatever you do Basilski, don't mention the war!  Oops, you just did!

I bet Mutti Merkel will be hopping mad with our Polish friends when she sees this!  Some others in Mutti's entourage on the cover have... err... "been here before".
    • By threegee
      Well at least a small part of it does. That part is The European Scrutiny Committee, and they've scrutinised:

Is there a single person in this country that trusts Duplicitous Dave to deliver on any more of his "cast iron" promises?  His record is abysmal, and this time he'll be gone by the time his cheque is presented. There are 27 huge reasons why nothing will ever be delivered, and why the EU will continue on its merry way to obliterating our country from the world map!

This is by far the most important vote we'll ever be allowed in our lifetime. The result won't be for five years, it will affect our children and many generations yet unborn.  Cameron has said their won't be a second chance, and there at least he's right: a YES vote will be for keeps, but a NO vote will be spun into a maybe - we'll still need to be vigilant.

There will be an attempt to make the British public believe that a Yes vote is a vote for the status quo, and that a No vote will be playing with fire, and terribly terribly risky.  The bald truth is that there is no status quo on offer!  It's the German way and total loss of our democracy, or we get our country back!  Simples!  Any politico that tries to spin it otherwise needs to be put in their place, and reminded who they serve.
  • Latest Topics