Hide Adverts
threegee

Another Life Lesson for the Snowflakes

Yes, another of the flagship promises to the gullible has bitten the dust.  What they were told would happen is now happening with a vengeance.

Image result for goodbye roaming charges picture

Now that the honeymoon period is over mobile charges are shooting up to compensate for the loss of revenue, so the only people to now benefit are a highly select number of highly mobile people, and you can guess what social group they are over represented in.

Personally I've seen my monthly PAYG charges bumped on both my continental SIMs.  But it's worse: you used to be able to buy a SIM card without a costly monthly contract, but when I walked into a phone shop recently expecting to be able to buy one for occasional calls on a new smartwatch, I was practically told to take a walk.  that's despite having all the necessary documents, ID cards, and tax certificates that continental bureaucracy require.  I eventually acquired one by reading loads of foreign smallprint on a double up scheme. This involved several trips to two shops, and an over the counter confrontation which involved calls to the network for permission - in fact the card was practically thrown at me.  It's still not enabled though!

You can't believe a word of EU propaganda, and in particular you can't believe a word of what is appearing in the EU compliant continental press. People have been led to believe that the UK is in total crisis, and Brits are deeply regretting their mistake.  This really is Orwellian in its implications. 

• Like 3

Interesting. My PAYG deal is the cheapest I've ever had. I mean, peanuts cost. Are they more expensive on the continent?

1 minute ago, mercuryg said:

Interesting. My PAYG deal is the cheapest I've ever had. I mean, peanuts cost. Are they more expensive on the continent?

Used to be very competitive with the UK here but prices are moving up sharply.  The point is that after ten whole years of discussion with the networks and much crowing the EU has achieved precisely nothing, or at least nothing positive. They've now made it impossible to obtain a SIM without a heavy monthly commitment, most of which you'll never use.

I suspect the rate of investment in 4G has been scaled back too. Yes, we do have 4G services in town here now, but it's often only token 4G, and when I go out on bike rides there are areas where even GSM drops out.  This isn't some third world backwater, as I believe there WERE more mobiles per head here than anywhere else in the world.

Sounds like a big difference, 3G. I'm in rural Lincolnshire at the moment and generally get a 4G signal. Mind, I suppose they have to provide it for the airbase a mile away!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest News

• A teenager called police to report a man was brandishing a knife in public - but it turned out to be him carrying the blade.
      Jack Barrass, 19, has been sent to prison for nine months after being caught by police in possession of the knife on March 24.
      The teenager had called police to claim that he had witnessed a man waving a knife above his head on St James' Crescent in Benwell.
      When police arrived they spotted a man who matched the description of the person given by the caller.
      Officers approached him and carried out a stop and search, at which point the man admitted he had a knife tucked into his trousers.
      Bodycam footage of the search has been shared by the force, showing Barrass admitting he has a knife seconds after being approached by an officer.

• Similar Content

• By threegee
      Martin who?  Well the surname is Selmayr, and he's a 47-year-old German lawyer known as a "monster eurocrat", and the "Rasputin of Brussels".
      Nothing to do with me you say...  well, not quite.  By some mysterious process he just became "Secretary General of the European Commission".  Still nothing to do with me you say, as he's not even in the European Parliament.  You'd be right there, as he's now the guy that heads the junta that hands down law for the European Parliament to rubber stamp - law which our great and good have "wisely" made transcendent to English law.  Understand why he's got a smirk on his face, and old Juncks is looking like... well... am I going to get away with this?
      Why was this professional lawyer appointed by the Brussels mafia?  Well... "Mr Selmayr, who was previously Mr Juncker's chief of staff, is a vocal supporter of European federalism and one of the EU's most vehement opponents of Brexit."
      Getting the plot now?

• By threegee
      What's your take on this Mr Lavery?  We really need to know!
    • By threegee
      We must leave the EU completely in March 2019 - No transition period, No delay
      Elizabeth Watson's petition is doing amazingly well: 27,147 signatures now and about 5000 up on when I signed it last night.  Actually... pretty disgusting that we should even need to petition so very long after the referendum. Vested interest walks the corridors of power in our country, and we've a long way to go to "drain the swamp".
    • By threegee
      ...and he added a bit at 2:40 just for Merc!
    • By threegee
      SIGN THE PETITION
      10,373 signatures as at 31st December 2017
  • Latest Topics