Another Life Lesson for the Snowflakes

threegee

Yes, another of the flagship promises to the gullible has bitten the dust.  What they were told would happen is now happening with a vengeance.

Image result for goodbye roaming charges picture

Now that the honeymoon period is over mobile charges are shooting up to compensate for the loss of revenue, so the only people to now benefit are a highly select number of highly mobile people, and you can guess what social group they are over represented in.

Personally I've seen my monthly PAYG charges bumped on both my continental SIMs.  But it's worse: you used to be able to buy a SIM card without a costly monthly contract, but when I walked into a phone shop recently expecting to be able to buy one for occasional calls on a new smartwatch, I was practically told to take a walk.  that's despite having all the necessary documents, ID cards, and tax certificates that continental bureaucracy require.  I eventually acquired one by reading loads of foreign smallprint on a double up scheme. This involved several trips to two shops, and an over the counter confrontation which involved calls to the network for permission - in fact the card was practically thrown at me.  It's still not enabled though!

You can't believe a word of EU propaganda, and in particular you can't believe a word of what is appearing in the EU compliant continental press. People have been led to believe that the UK is in total crisis, and Brits are deeply regretting their mistake.  This really is Orwellian in its implications. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mercuryg said:

Interesting. My PAYG deal is the cheapest I've ever had. I mean, peanuts cost. Are they more expensive on the continent?

Used to be very competitive with the UK here but prices are moving up sharply.  The point is that after ten whole years of discussion with the networks and much crowing the EU has achieved precisely nothing, or at least nothing positive. They've now made it impossible to obtain a SIM without a heavy monthly commitment, most of which you'll never use.

I suspect the rate of investment in 4G has been scaled back too. Yes, we do have 4G services in town here now, but it's often only token 4G, and when I go out on bike rides there are areas where even GSM drops out.  This isn't some third world backwater, as I believe there WERE more mobiles per head here than anywhere else in the world.

Sounds like a big difference, 3G. I'm in rural Lincolnshire at the moment and generally get a 4G signal. Mind, I suppose they have to provide it for the airbase a mile away!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now