Rebecca Bedlington

Hi everyone in Bedlington

My name is Rebecca Bedlington and I am interested to know if there is anyone who knows the history of my surname? I am from Cumbria and have visited Bedlington but I am unsure where the connection with my name is! If anyone can help it would be great!

Regards

Rebecca

Hi everyone in Bedlington

My name is Rebecca Bedlington and I am interested to know if there is anyone who knows the history of my surname? I am from Cumbria and have visited Bedlington but I am unsure where the connection with my name is! If anyone can help it would be great!

Regards

Rebecca

hail queen rebecca , are you taking over The Sun !! :D

Much of the area on the coast between the Wansbeck and the Blyth once formed a district called Bedlingtonshire which until 1844 formed part of the County Palatinate of Durham, belonging to the Prince Bishops. Bedlington town was the capital of the shire which had been created because of an association with St Cuthbert. The saint's coffin had been brought here for a short period, at the time of the Norman Conquest.For centuries Bedlingtonshire was administerred separately from the rest of Northumberland and had its own justices, sherriffs and coroner. The larger districts of Islandshire and Norhamshire, in North Northumberland, also belonged to the Prince Bishops and collectively, the three areas, were long known as `North Durham'. In 1183 Bedlingtonshire was surveyed in Bishop Pudsey's `Boldon Buke' ; the Domesday Book of County Durham.

http://www.thenortheast.fsnet.co.uk/Tynemo....htm#BEDLINGTON

any use?

• 2 weeks later...
Taking over the Sun Inn........don't be silly :lol:

Why don't you and Mrs Student take The Sun over? Imagine how cool it would be; Pot Noodles on the bar every Sunday, a 4AD disco, massive version of Jenga and loads of lasses called Sophie and Emma writing cheques to pay for half a lager.