Welcome to Bedlington. If you're a resident or just visiting, you'll find everything you need here. There's no cost to participate and members see content not available to anybody else.

kalee

Bedlington Station Park?

Eggy1948    203

Bedlington remembered Facebook site members Yvonne Osborne, Bily Snowden & Lillian Wilkinson have come up with :- 9 Allen Johnson  - 10 John Hale - 16 Stu Tubby -  22 John Arkle -  2 Bob Short  - 8 Ricky Young -  23 Owen Monaghan - 20 ? Philip son - 10 -  John Hale

Bedlington Juniors Football team 1960s named.jpg

Eggy1948    203

Foxy and Ovalteeny's updates added along with a load from Lillian Wilkinson off the Facebook Bedlngton remembered group site :-

Bedlington Juniors Football team 1960s named.jpg

HIGH PIT WILMA    115

Heh heh! Eggy! You just inspired  my memory with a flash of gud detective wark!!

Definitaly not Bedlington Dr pit  Park!!

If it was,there would have been terraced houses behind,not semi-detached as you suspect is Queen's Road!

My normal sessions here are ,as you knaa ,aboot anywhere after midneet,and tired oot!

Noo,wi a reasonably fresh state of mind and memory[!],I just twigged aboot that after seeing only the top 3/4" of the last post you made,cos the photo [revised],is just refusing to load up fully!

Also definately Alan Wilkinson,my lifelong classmate,[ and friend oot of school],and def. big Brian Richmond,[Richie],who was the best goalie we had ever seen at the Whitley,and ivrybody used to say,even the owlder lads!

Canna def. say aboot Ken Johnson,another schoolmate,but just aboot 90% sure!!

Noo wat's bugging me is the lad wi the quiff and the suit,2nd from the left,back row!!,aa knaa he's face but canna place him at aal!,also the lad wi the dark thatch,2nd right,middle row,could,[not sure!],be Dickie Mitcheson,who played for the Whitley Memorial school in Matty Hall's team,alang wi Ritchie,and Wilkie.[Alan].

Some,like Ritchie,and Wilkie,nivvor change wi age,while it's sumtimes hard to be sure aboot others!

Pleased ti see this pic!!

HIGH PIT WILMA    115

Whey ye knaa wat!,the beach baal's been spinning for an hoor,and the photo's have only been haaf in haaf,till a clicked me post on,and the bugga's posted,and also displayed hitherto unseen updated names,confirming one lad as Bob short,who a knew very well but just cudn't place his nyem!!

That just leaves number 18 noo,for me at least!!John Hale,[Yice],has shot up a lot in his teens from when he was at the Whitley![number 10],so not 100% sure it is him,cos aa thowt he might have been Davey Lees,he's the spit of him in my memory!

But on the face of it,John played alang wi the others in Matty Hall's team,and Davey didn't to my knowledge,so on the balance of probability....

Just ignore me argyin' wi mesel,cos Yice was nivvor taller than Ritchie,naebody was,when aa was at school wi' him,and this

is early '60's...!!

Def. Owen Monaghan.

Eggy,would Lillian Wilkinson be Alan's Daughter,and if so wondering if Stephen is her Brother,cos my Son passed my laptop and picked oot Alan as the spit of a mate o' his at the Middle and High schools,my Son is 43 yrs old noo,so Stephen is the same age.

Wud be great ti get in touch wi Alan again after aal these years!

Eggy1948    203
20 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Eggy,would Lillian Wilkinson be Alan's Daughter,and if so wondering if Stephen is her Brother,cos my Son passed my laptop and picked oot Alan as the spit of a mate o' his at the Middle and High schools,my Son is 43 yrs old noo,so Stephen is the same age. Wud be great ti get in touch wi Alan again after aal these years!

I've asked the question on Facebook this morning, but no reply yet Bill. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest News

• Northern Pride has been growing in strength since it began 10 years ago. Northumberland County Council is proud to be part of the movement, helping to break down barriers and creating a more open dialogue with members of the LGBT community.    Northern Pride took place on Newcastle Town Moor from 21st to 23rd July and Northumberland County Council was there to show support for the LGBT community. Along with flying the rainbow flag at County Hall, members of the County Council took part in the Pride parade and also held a joint stall during the weekend’s event along with colleagues from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.    Northumberland County Council is committed to building relationships with the LGBT community. Working in partnership with local and national groups, a ‘toolkit’ has been developed to help the growing number of schools who are supporting young people who question their assigned gender identity.    Northumberland County Councillor Veronica Jones, cabinet member for Adult Wellbeing and Health, said: “Northumberland County Council is a keen supporter of Northern Pride and undertakes a range of activities to support and work with the LGBT community. Through Northern Pride we can engage directly with members of the LGBT community and showcase our services.    “Our work to increase engagement and support for the LGBT community builds upon our involvement with Northern Pride and includes: our work with schools, creating a safe working environment and supporting our LGBT staff, engaging with young people and the wider LGBT community. We also aim to increase the diversity of our workforce by providing information on our apprenticeship opportunities,  jobs and careers  at our Pride stall”

• Latest Topics