Bedlington Station Park?

kalee

Bedlington remembered Facebook site members Yvonne Osborne, Bily Snowden & Lillian Wilkinson have come up with :- 9 Allen Johnson  - 10 John Hale - 16 Stu Tubby -  22 John Arkle -  2 Bob Short  - 8 Ricky Young -  23 Owen Monaghan - 20 ? Philip son - 10 -  John Hale

Bedlington Juniors Football team 1960s named.jpg

Heh heh! Eggy! You just inspired  my memory with a flash of gud detective wark!!

Definitaly not Bedlington Dr pit  Park!!

If it was,there would have been terraced houses behind,not semi-detached as you suspect is Queen's Road!

My normal sessions here are ,as you knaa ,aboot anywhere after midneet,and tired oot!

Noo,wi a reasonably fresh state of mind and memory[!],I just twigged aboot that after seeing only the top 3/4" of the last post you made,cos the photo [revised],is just refusing to load up fully!

Also definately Alan Wilkinson,my lifelong classmate,[ and friend oot of school],and def. big Brian Richmond,[Richie],who was the best goalie we had ever seen at the Whitley,and ivrybody used to say,even the owlder lads!

Canna def. say aboot Ken Johnson,another schoolmate,but just aboot 90% sure!!

Noo wat's bugging me is the lad wi the quiff and the suit,2nd from the left,back row!!,aa knaa he's face but canna place him at aal!,also the lad wi the dark thatch,2nd right,middle row,could,[not sure!],be Dickie Mitcheson,who played for the Whitley Memorial school in Matty Hall's team,alang wi Ritchie,and Wilkie.[Alan].

Some,like Ritchie,and Wilkie,nivvor change wi age,while it's sumtimes hard to be sure aboot others!

Pleased ti see this pic!!

Whey ye knaa wat!,the beach baal's been spinning for an hoor,and the photo's have only been haaf in haaf,till a clicked me post on,and the bugga's posted,and also displayed hitherto unseen updated names,confirming one lad as Bob short,who a knew very well but just cudn't place his nyem!!

That just leaves number 18 noo,for me at least!!John Hale,[Yice],has shot up a lot in his teens from when he was at the Whitley![number 10],so not 100% sure it is him,cos aa thowt he might have been Davey Lees,he's the spit of him in my memory!

But on the face of it,John played alang wi the others in Matty Hall's team,and Davey didn't to my knowledge,so on the balance of probability....

Just ignore me argyin' wi mesel,cos Yice was nivvor taller than Ritchie,naebody was,when aa was at school wi' him,and this

is early '60's...!!

Def. Owen Monaghan.

Eggy,would Lillian Wilkinson be Alan's Daughter,and if so wondering if Stephen is her Brother,cos my Son passed my laptop and picked oot Alan as the spit of a mate o' his at the Middle and High schools,my Son is 43 yrs old noo,so Stephen is the same age.

Wud be great ti get in touch wi Alan again after aal these years!

20 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Eggy,would Lillian Wilkinson be Alan's Daughter,and if so wondering if Stephen is her Brother,cos my Son passed my laptop and picked oot Alan as the spit of a mate o' his at the Middle and High schools,my Son is 43 yrs old noo,so Stephen is the same age. Wud be great ti get in touch wi Alan again after aal these years!

I've asked the question on Facebook this morning, but no reply yet Bill. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/07/2017 at 20:43, Eggy1948 said:

Struggled with me left & right so added numbers and just a couple of names.

No 11 (or 3 ) is my granda, the coach - Robert Coe Story says Janet Henderson of Facebook - sixtownshps group.

As it is bedlington Station Welfare then the houses, top right corner as you view the photo, must be Queens Road (surely not Tanglewood Cottage). 

Bedlington Juniors Football team 1960s Queens Road.jpg

Number 11 was my Grandad. Robert Coe Storey of Stead Lane

Names updated @Jan - on here and sixtownships.

@Rigger - I don't know about Wake's the butchers at Newbiggin but they did have the butchers at the Oval shops in Bedlington, 1950's-60's, and I think they lived above the shop when Kingsley was at the Bedlington Grammar school = late 50's to early 60's.

Bedlington Juniors Football team 1960s named.jpg

If my memory!!.... is right,  they may have moved to to a prime spot on the front street at Newbiggin from Bedlington.  The shop there was always busy and there was  aways  a queue.  I can remember being at their house above the shop for a party.  Kingleys sister was a bridesmaid at my wedding in 1968.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Dshort94 said:

Does anyone have anymore photos of Bob Short, Number 2 In the photo from Bedlington juniors FC 1962? Thanks

@Dshort94 - the only other photo I have seen with a Bob Short named is a 1957-58 Westridge school photo. The photo with names is filed in the Galley under :-  

@Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) I wasn't looking for anything specific but I stumbled across the first picture just on chance & thought i'd ask if there was any more. Bob is my Grandad, I've never met him and I believe he's passed away now. Up until I saw these photos, I'd only ever seen 1 or 2 pictures of him when he was about 30 i'd say so this has been really helpful! thanks :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2017 at 20:53, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Nearl forgot - this is the photo that has done the rounds on Facebook Bedlington groups and it has only ever been tagged as the Opening of the quoits bay at the Welfare Park so never knew if it was Dr Pit or Bedlington Station.

Looking more closely at the building I would have thought this was the Dr Pit Welfare Park, what do you think @HIGH PIT WILMA?

welfare park bedlington quoits bay opening named.jpg

No 2 is Harry Brown. No 3 is Harry Temple and he is the father of No 10 John Temple. No 2 Harry Brown is no 10 john Temple father in law. Harry Temple was No 3 was married Sadie... My wife's family. John Temple is married to Ann Brown, my wife's aunt, no 2 Harry Brown is Ann's father. My wifes mother the late Maureen was Ann's sister and the oldest sister is Betty who is married to Jeff  Gobin who is a councilor and was an NUM official. 

2 hours ago, johndawsonjune1955 said:

No 2 is Harry Brown. No 3 is Harry Temple and he is the father of No 10 John Temple. No 2 Harry Brown is no 10 john Temple father in law. Harry Temple was No 3 was married Sadie... My wife's family. John Temple is married to Ann Brown, my wife's aunt, no 2 Harry Brown is Ann's father. My wifes mother the late Maureen was Ann's sister and the oldest sister is Betty who is married to Jeff  Gobin who is a councilor and was an NUM official. 

@johndawsonjune1955 - No 2 updated

Doctor Pit welfare park quoits bay opening named.jpg

Whey if John didn't hae sae many connections,A wudda still said that number two was Foster McKenzie!

He is the absoloute spitting image..can we find a pic of Foster ti put side by side...a wunda!!

A did say in the previous page that a thowt it wud be strange for Foster ti be up in the Dr Pit Park,when he was a Station fella!

Gotta mek an appointment wi me Optician methinks!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now