Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr Juncker...

threegee

A Remainer's lament:

Richard Jones 28 Jun 2017 2:49AM

I voted Remain and I'd vote Leave now in a heartbeat if I could. I expected, as has always been the case in this country when a vote has taken place, that the result would be respected. I expected disappointment and headaches handling administration and needing solutions for EU citizens to stay and how we'd handle pensions for expats.

What I did not expect was the extraordinary lengths that have been gone to since to do everything possible to denigrate, insult, undermine, and subvert my fellow Britons who exercised their democratic right. From court cases to leaking details of our Prime Minister's meetings, the most offensive comments made about this country and its citizens by the likes of Guy Verhofstadt. Sneering EU nationals who, as it turns out, really do think and speak like colonists. The racist British. The backwards British. The British - they should roll over and be quiet and allow us to march all over not only their jobs, housing, and services but their democracy too.

I am appalled.

I voted Remain to my everlasting shame. I'm a life-long Liberal Democrat voter and for the first time ever gave my vote to the Conservatives. Perhaps that should indicate to anyone reading this and who thinks that the average, moderate British voter sitting by and watching all this is happy for the annihilation of our democracy, Parliament, and for the British people to be so insulted for what are nothing more than self-serving foreigners should think again.

I'll say it very plainly: this is not your country. If you don't like it, leave. You are not welcome here.

Give that person a medal!  Nuff said.

• Like 1

Agree totally with your post 3G, i am sure a lot of Britons who voted to remain would change their vote if they could following some terrible comments from officials within the EU, what a bunch of backstabbers.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now