Councillor Wallace - The unacceptable face of Bedlington

19478596_1555331997820073_710178787_o.jp 19478380_1555331837820089_1151940467_o.j 19457932_1555331991153407_20253537_o.jpg

Completely unacceptable behaviour yet again in in Bedlington Market Place last night.

This incident occurred at 3.00 am this morning. Given the current financial constraints it is clearly unrealistic to expect a 24/7 police presence in the town. It is also right to point out that Bedlington is fortunate to be served by an outstanding Police team who have our full support.

As County Councillor for Bedlington Central I wrote to the Chief Superintendent earlier this week to request that Northumbria Police reverse their recent decision to discontinue the presence of Police Officers in the town centre after 10.00 pm in the evening, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

I have written again to the Chief Superintendent to ask for an urgent review of both the current situation and measures that can be put in place to prevent this level of wanton, mindless vandalism becoming even more common.

Having spoken to shop owners this morning, they are determined not to give in to this form of behaviour. I will be talking to other shop owners next week to gather their views. We need to give them all the support we can.

View on Councillor Wallace's Blog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absoloutely  disgusting!

Methinks people like this also  get into thieir cars and  drive recklessy aroond the toon like the one who broadsided me and my Wife two years ago,nearly killing us and LBJ.[My Wife was knocked unconcious and I seriously thought she was dead.]

They are nothing but scumbags who should be droonded in the river Blyth.

Almost every weekend Little Black Jess and Me have had abuse from drunken [or drugged..] idiots hare'in  aroond the roads at Bedlington Station and alang the road past the Welwyn factory,in the early hours of the morning.

They wind the window doon,throw GLASS beer bottles oot..smashing them aal ower,risking LBJ getting cut paws,and any other dogs [even little bairns] risk having an accident if they tread on the shards.

I just wish I could get hold of a Taser,and a Stinger,to carry in my pocket when I am oot!

I have been threatened to be "filled in" several times by idiots on pushbikes late at night ...no lights...dark, usually hoodie clothes,and when I have shouted back for them to come and put their money where their mouth is...not one has had the guts to turn and come back at me....cos' they are all big-mouthed drunken cowards.

One day....just one day......!!

Now I read about Police Stations shutting up shop early.......Mr Criminal is highly delighted ....Methinks!

In the good old days when Lucy's was open the police would drop back some of night shift at weekends to ensure there was an extra police presence both in Bedlington and Bedlington Station between 10pm and 3am. You would generally see a panda parked opposite the Blue Bell and another at the Market Place observing what was happening. A task force of police and special constables would coast up and down Front Street and everyone was aware of the police presence if they were intent on kicking off.

The Bedlington Sergeant would head the task force and his team would conduct licensing visits so that even the pubs patrons knew the police were not far away.

I hope Councillor Wallace has some success speaking with the Chief Superintendent although methinks otherwise.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now