Councillor Crosby - last Weeks Events

On Tuesday I attended the East Bedlington Parish Council meeting at the new Community Centre at Bedlington Station.  It really is a lovely building and I would urge everyone to visit if they haven’t already done so and support the events that the  team are putting on for the benefit of the local community.

I have to say that I approached the meeting with some trepidation as, last month, feelings were running high so soon after the election, but in fairness I received a very warm welcome and was even asked for my opinion and help on a couple of issues.  I am, of course, happy to offer my assistance in any way that I can as, although we may not all be members of the same political party, I firmly believe that we all have the same goal, namely the interests of East Bedlington.  That, to me, is the essence of local politics; Councillors from different parties coming together for a common cause and working together to achieve something that will benefit the community.  To use a well worn phrase; putting Bedlington First.

On Wednesday, I attended my first committee meeting, the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE).  This proved very interesting as there were representatives from all different faiths around the table discussing how religious education can be delivered in schools.

On Friday, I met with the managers of Foundry House to discuss parking issues outside their building at The Oval.  This was  very constructive and I look forward to further meetings where we will be able to involve the wider community and partners to try and resolve this issue.

In between these meetings, I have attended more sessions at ‘Councillor School’ and have dealt with enquiries that I have received via telephone and email.

On Saturday morning I attended the St John’s Church Fayre, which was well supported despite the bad weather.  Even though this is ‘just over the border’ in Sleekburn ward, I am always happy to support these community events wherever possible; indeed, I also caught up with many familiar faces from the local area.  In addition, there was plenty of coffee and cake, which is never a bad thing!

38 b.gif?host=cllrbillcrosby.wordpress.com&

View on Councillor Crosby's Blog

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now