Tony Returns! (Bedlington's not the Bliar one)

Tonyp

Hi everybody not been on the site for a while lost my wife last year she died of a heart attack very sudden moved from London to Glasgow that's life putting everything into perspective. Want some advice if you can help can I take my government pension contributions & move them to another country I'm thinking of moving to Budapest next year.oh! By the way 3G my wife laughed at our disagreements ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tonyp said:

Hi everybody not been on the site for a while lost my wife last year she died of a heart attack very sudden moved from London to Glasgow that's life putting everything into perspective. ...

Nice to see you back Tony, and very sorry to hear about your life-changing event.

I don't think you can move your contributions to our state pension scheme (only a private one), but of course you can claim it from overseas when eligible.  Loads of info on line though:

http://www.litrg.org.uk/tax-guides/migrants-and-tax/national-insurance-migrants/national-insurance-and-uk-state-pension#toc-can-i-claim-a-uk-state-pension-if-i-retire-outside-the-uk-

Why Hungary and do you trust Mr Orban?   It seems many Hungarians don't!

I'd email or phone the London embassy with my questions before deciding anything.

2 hours ago, Tonyp said:

Hi everybody not been on the site for a while lost my wife last year she died of a heart attack very sudden moved from London to Glasgow that's life putting everything into perspective. Want some advice if you can help can I take my government pension contributions & move them to another country I'm thinking of moving to Budapest next year.oh! By the way 3G my wife laughed at our disagreements ?

Sorry to hear of your loss Tony, good to see you back, good luck with your plans.

Hi Tony,very sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Good to see you back,and hope whatever you decide to do in the future,is right for you.

Good luck!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now