Make Cannabis Legal and Tax It?

pilgrim

might be in the wrong place - but.. ref section 7.7 of the lib dem manifesto - am I being a bit dim?? make cannabis legal and tax it? so how will they undercut the criminal element of supply by undercutting prices and at the same time taxing it? and at the same time offering a lower strength product?? I assume they are thinking that the money raised would pay for the paranoia and psychosis related problems with the use of THC? repeal the psychoactive drugs act?? -they were only 'legal' highs because the legislation was not in place to keep up with the problem.

And this is the party to boost the NHS and children's care??

I note that nothing has been mentioned of these items by the north east candidate who of course has a history in NHS and child education!

answers on a postcard to 'bewildered'

thank you for that eggy!!! (I do like the Pontiff stamp - the depths you went to impress me) -- or should be lengths??

what I did forget to add was the bit about cannabis and its delivery system - i.e. smoking.. now how does that reconcile with health and wellbeing??

I have to put a caveat on my post as I am now thinking that all the relevant party leaders have been 'sampling the goods' over the last few weeks as I have never seen so many supposedly professional people shoot themselves in the foot since Blazing Saddles!

(this was entered after spending 3 days doing my tax return so I am far more spaced out than a 60' srock band)

Edited by pilgrim
second thoughts
  • Like 1

He's already high on religion; this spills over into the EU religion.

Tim Farron interview: ‘Maybe God’s plan is for me to lose a bunch of elections and be humbled’   Yes, that's about it Tim - and the only insightful thing you've said for years.

• 1 year later...

Agree with the legalization but not the taxing:innocent:. In my mind that just gives the illegal traders of cannabis the opportunity to undercut the legal price and crate a black market.

Legalization should be contrasted with decriminalisation, which removes criminal charges from an action, but leaves intact associated laws and regulations. 

But it wouldn't really matter what happened, legalization or cannabis on prescription, someone would still find an illegal market for it:thumbsup: 

• 1 month later...

Well, this was done by Canada. And I find it very reasonable. Do you remember reportages showed empty shops? It's lots of money for the country. I mean, even the World Health Organization finds CBD safer than alcohol. So legalization and taxation is a good thing. And there are so many products that can be made of CBD. Like CBD liquids for vaping https://greenshoppers.co.uk/blog/what-are-cbd-e-liquids-and-are-they-available-in-the-uk/ as an example. Such a strategy can bring a good amount of money to a country.

6 minutes ago, Ho Lee Schiet said:

Well, this was done by Canada. .... Such a strategy can bring a good amount of money to a country.

Just because our PM is a pot head doesn't make it sensible ! How does it bring a good amount of money to the country? Look how much it will cost your health service, Police services (accidents, enforcement etc) and the effects of young brain development. Yes the government and producers will make/take a lot of your money, just like tobacco. Nah!in my opinion a bad idea.

5 minutes ago, Vic Patterson said:

Just because our PM is a pot head doesn't make it sensible ! How does it bring a good amount of money to the country? Look how much it will cost your health service, Police services (accidents, enforcement etc) and the effects of young brain development. Yes the government and producers will make/take a lot of your money, just like tobacco. Nah!in my opinion a bad idea.

It would be that bad if CBD was more dangerous than alcohol. Although it isn't. But alco is easy to buy, cannabis isn't. Of course, it needs more researches. But banning now without a solid reason is kinda silly imho

• Like 1

Not sure how to judge "bad," Family violence, impaired driving and F.A.S. I see as the worst problems, I would think cannabis causes similar problems, legal cannabis is double the price of the illegal stuff, so drug dealers are still in business. 

The supply chains that are now called the County Lines worry me.

It seems there are serious consequences for the people who are persuaded to get involved.

The risk to mental and physical health are very real.

Relief from some horrible illness is obviously acceptable but how as a society we deal with the criminals is an issue of concern.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Anny Key said:

Of course I would be interested to try cannabis, but I do not know where to buy.

Don't know of any  where local but I do remember there was an elderly lady that suffered with MS, and I think it was Carlisle, that made the news because her landlord was going to evict her for using drugs on his premises. I think I have the gist of the story correct in that this lady, to relieve her pain, discomfort and other MS related neurological symptoms she used to meet up with others in a similar situation and eat cake that had been made with an amount of cannabis in the mixture. 

I can't find that particular news story, from many years ago, online but did find this one from 2001 :-   

http://www.cwherald.com/a/archive/coffee-cakes-and-cannabis-in-cumbria.259504.html

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anny Key said:

Maybe not pure cannabis. I don't think I like the taste. I read that CBD oil has a good effect. Interestingly cannabis is addictive or not. It seems so.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/medical-cannabis/#

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/08/2020 at 16:08, Lee Lenin said:

Hello guys. In my opinion, this is a good idea. I love herbal medications and they usually help me. So, I decided to try such remedies for erection and you [Link Removed] about my results. However, I can call them positive and that was a good experience.

Lee - I am assuming you are simply on about other herbal medicines, not cannabis, for positive experiences with erectile dysfunction? 

• Haha 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now