Hide Adverts
pilgrim

Make Cannabis Legal and Tax It?

might be in the wrong place - but.. ref section 7.7 of the lib dem manifesto - am I being a bit dim?? make cannabis legal and tax it? so how will they undercut the criminal element of supply by undercutting prices and at the same time taxing it? and at the same time offering a lower strength product?? I assume they are thinking that the money raised would pay for the paranoia and psychosis related problems with the use of THC? repeal the psychoactive drugs act?? -they were only 'legal' highs because the legislation was not in place to keep up with the problem.

And this is the party to boost the NHS and children's care??

I note that nothing has been mentioned of these items by the north east candidate who of course has a history in NHS and child education!

answers on a postcard to 'bewildered'

thank you for that eggy!!! (I do like the Pontiff stamp - the depths you went to impress me) -- or should be lengths??

what I did forget to add was the bit about cannabis and its delivery system - i.e. smoking.. now how does that reconcile with health and wellbeing??

I have to put a caveat on my post as I am now thinking that all the relevant party leaders have been 'sampling the goods' over the last few weeks as I have never seen so many supposedly professional people shoot themselves in the foot since Blazing Saddles!

(this was entered after spending 3 days doing my tax return so I am far more spaced out than a 60' srock band)

Edited by pilgrim
second thoughts
  • Like 1

Tim Farron: I want to legalise cannabis - but my children cannot use it

TIM NICE BUT DIM :lol:     Sounds like Tim is already  high as a kite

Edited by moe19
  • Like 1

just dim.. where has he been the last  40 years?? (mind you the rest of them don't do much better!)

He's already high on religion; this spills over into the EU religion.

Tim Farron interview: ‘Maybe God’s plan is for me to lose a bunch of elections and be humbled’   Yes, that's about it Tim - and the only insightful thing you've said for years.

Agree with the legalization but not the taxing:innocent:. In my mind that just gives the illegal traders of cannabis the opportunity to undercut the legal price and crate a black market.

Legalization should be contrasted with decriminalisation, which removes criminal charges from an action, but leaves intact associated laws and regulations. 

But it wouldn't really matter what happened, legalization or cannabis on prescription, someone would still find an illegal market for it:thumbsup: 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• As Chris Dobey skirted over his beloved Newcastle United's defeat to Wolves at the weekend, he cut a relaxed figure ahead of his return to the Alexandra Palace stage.
      This will be 'Hollywood's' third successive appearance at the World Darts Championship and he will hope to better his best run in 2017, where he was beaten by Dave Chisnall.
      But like Rafa Benitez's side, Dobey - by his own admission - has endured an 'up and down' year.
      He started the year off well, reaching the last 16 of the UK Open, as well as second ever Pro Tour final. A mid-year slump in form, saw him miss out on qualification to the World Matchplay, World Grand Prix, European Championship and Grand Slam of Darts, but he returned to form in style at last month's Players Championships, reaching the quarter-finals.
      En route to the quarter-finals he beat five-time major finalist Chisnall, as well as James Wade - who has won two major TV titles this year - before losing out to eventual winner Daryl Gurney.
      And Dobey has attributed his recent upturn in form to greater dedication on the practice board and insists he is 'full of confidence' heading in to the World Championships.

• Latest Topics