Oh What a Lovely Election!

threegee

A catfight in Hartlepool makes the front page of a "quality" paper, and Jeremy Corbyn urges people not to vote for May because.. she is “presidential” in the way she controls power, and she's just like Tony Blair, who he now tells us is in reality a Tory!  It seems that all the good things May has done are due to "Tory rebels" who constantly keep her on track.  There's a contradiction or three in there Jeremy, but I'm sure you're our man if we have to live with more contradiction.

TELEMMGLPICT000127219650-large_trans_NvB

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/29/ukip-leader-forced-cancel-rally-fight-brexiteer-remain-voter/

• Like 1

This morning we hear May asked if she knows what a mugwump is.  Now you or I (and maybe Corbyn and/or Farage) would have given an honest yes or no answer, but <groan> she gives the usual politician's diversionary "I only know that [insert current political buzzwords]".  Slippery politico we all think, and of course she is!  But it's is a pretty irrelevant question, and either a yes or no answer would have sparked off columns of garbage by the scribblers, and hours of TV "political discussion".  Her strategy was to kill off the dumb and irrelevant question.  The answer she gave is near instantly forgotten, and has minus zero news value.  Above all that IS her strategy in this election, because everyone else is doing her campaigning for her (particularly the EU apparatchiks).  All she needs to do is to present an image of competence and confidence and it's a landslide.  There are going to be no "bacon sarnie" moments for May this year!

Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-4-30 at 11:03, threegee said:

This morning we hear May asked if she knows what a mugwump is.  Now you or I (and maybe Corbyn and/or Farage) would have given an honest yes or no answer, but <groan> she gives the usual politician's diversionary "I only know that [insert current political buzzwords]".  Slippery politico we all think, and of course she is!  But it's is a pretty irrelevant question, and either a yes or no answer would have sparked off columns of garbage by the scribblers, and hours of TV "political discussion".  Her strategy was to kill off the dumb and irrelevant question.  The answer she gave is near instantly forgotten, and has minus zero news value.  Above all that IS her strategy in this election, because everyone else is doing her campaigning for her (particularly the EU apparatchiks).  All she needs to do is to present an image of competence and confidence and it's a landslide.  There are going to be no "bacon sarnie" moments for May this year!

Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich.jpg

Right on, brother.

..and the Telegraph and DM saves the Labour Party printing costs by publishing the leaked Corbyn Labour Party manifesto detailing a return to 1983 chaos, and disastrous spend spend spend economics.  How could this possibly have happened, unless... some senior figure(s) inside the Labour Party wanted them to lose the election badly!  Naahh... what a silly thought!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Eggy1948 said:

I intend to cast my vote. Decision made.

End of.

There's never an "End of" to the democratic process for thinking people Eggy.  But, your right to continue to cast a meaningful vote wherever you wish, and your right to make a mistake and your right to correct it later, is what the majority of us voted for in the referendum.

If you've any doubt that this right was about to be progressively removed from us then take a look at the internet censorship proposals coming out of Brussels this week.  When they try to abuse the word "populist" they are in fact targeting the British notion of democracy.

• Like 2

Predictions of up to 100 MPs breaking away from Labour after the election - first revealed in the Telegraph this week - began to materialise yesterday as senior figures publicly rejected the manifesto.

One Labour MP said they and their colleagues are promising Labour voters they will remove Mr Corbyn after the election in a desperate bid to win support on the doorstep.

The Welsh Labour party and one of his most senior backbench MPs launched their own manifestos and dozens of others said the leader’s plans to re-nationalise rail, mail and energy would not feature on their campaign literature.

There was also in-fighting between Mr Corbyn's office and Labour headquarters after one of the leader's former advisers accused party staff of leaking a draft version of the manifesto to The Daily Telegraph in a bid to undermine the leader.  -- This morning's Telegraph

Why don't they just say Vote Corbyn and we will ensure that you get Blair?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, threegee said:

There's never an "End of" to the democratic process for thinking people Eggy.  But, your right to continue to cast a meaningful vote wherever you wish, and your right to make a mistake and your right to correct it later, is what the majority of us voted for in the referendum.

If you've any doubt that this right was about to be progressively removed from us then take a look at the internet censorship proposals coming out of Brussels this week.  When they try to abuse the word "populist" they are in fact targeting the British notion of democracy.

As far as I am concerned there is an 'End of' for this election. For decades, this thinking man, has thought and I am now at the stage = earned a pension = retired = receiving my pension = spending my pension = relaxing = letting the next generations think and make decisions based on multiple, so called experts, different opinions. 

If they are all experts how do they have different opinions? Surely ALL experts should come to the same conclusion and have the same opinion. Then the non expert, the 'common man' can believe what he is being told and his decision will be made simple by the expertise, and honesty, of the expert.  

I know there will be more elections, more votes and more decisions will be made and each of those will have an 'End of' = make a decision and go for it = End of.

What I can't stand is the rabbiting on, and on, and on. Day after day endless analysis from the TV reporters asking politicians questions that the reporters know the politician can't commit to an answer as they them selves don't know the answer until other decisions and events occur.

You can digest and analyse every political party manifesto but in the end the majority of voters, who will never understand politics or politicians, will vote for either a) what their parents voted for or b ) the one they think has more personality than the rest.

The minority of voters = self employed business people will vote for what they believe will benefit them and their business.

That's it = End Of = no more on this election from me.

Now I know that you will Labour over my words and your Conservative response will be Green with envy that a mere half Scottish and common man can make a Democratic decision based on the Liberal thoughts of Co-operative experts has Plaid right into your hands.

I'm singing and dancing in the rain - Doobe Do Do, Doobe Doobe Do Do, what a glorious feeling I' happy again, just singing and dancing, in the remain.

End Of  

• Like 1

Not to worry it will be all over soon, and no matter what is said the outcome is certain.

1 Mrs May  will win 

2 The luvies will hold protests and marches against the democratically elected Governments plans

3 The Ruskies will be blamed for hacking something

4 Jerry will be replaced by someone who looks and talks  different but thinks the same way.

• Like 1

How do we know the Nissan problem was is attack and not a straightforward bug?  It's often a convenient excuse to blame external parties for lack of testing;  we've been hacked sounds so much more dramatic and blame-free than oopsdumb mistake.

Nissan app developer busted for copying code from Stack Overflow

Actually, whatever way you look at this the blame lies internally, as using a sixteen year old operating system that was always known to be riddled with bugs, was abandoned, and is has been complete maintained for three years now was asking for trouble.  Practically every home user knows this and did the necessary long ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, threegee said:

How do we know the Nissan problem was is attack and not a straightforward bug?  It's often a convenient excuse to blame external parties for lack of testing;  we've been hacked sounds so much more dramatic and blame-free than oopsdumb mistake.

Actually, whatever way you look at this the blame lies internally, as using a sixteen year old operating system that was always known to be riddled with bugs, was abandoned, and is has been complete maintained for three years now was asking for trouble.  Practically every home user knows this and did the necessary long ago.

Very true 3g,  Nissan have described it as ransomware  attack.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/cyber-attack-nhs-latest-news-13029913

Many of my clients still use the XP operating system for business I even have one that runs its epos (electronic point of sales) using  good old Windows 98 :rolleyes:

I loved 98 in its day it reminded me of an old hippy by asking     DO you really want to do this B)

Listening to the news its reported the NHS did not use the security patch Microsoft released around March for XP that may have protected it from this attack,but who knows what really happened.    

On 2017-5-12 at 12:03, moe19 said:

Not to worry it will be all over soon, and no matter what is said the outcome is certain.

1 Mrs May  will win 

2 The luvies will hold protests and marches against the democratically elected Governments plans

3 The Ruskies will be blamed for hacking something

4 Jerry will be replaced by someone who looks and talks  different but thinks the same way.

John Wesley 001.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebarby said:

Tell is again why a shud vote consorvative mister

laddie 001.jpg

Because, sony, the truth about this world is that everyone must look after themselves and their family first, and anyone who pretends they are doing otherwise is being dishonest with you.  An honest rich man will help advance your lot a little, but a dishonest poor one will part you from what little you have!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bluebarby said:

Oh aye..............we said owt aboot honest rich men????? The questshun a asked wis why I shud vote tory.

Seesh .......Yull be takin aboot stong and styeble next.

Good that you mentioned "stong and styeble" because there are times in history where we need that but a lot of times when we all profit from a bit of instability.  Right now the dishonest Tory people and dishonest Labour people got us into a big mess by trying to give OUR County away, and we've only just said NO!

Every time we've got into a big mess we've needed a few honest Tories to get us out of it; the honest Labour people mean well but aren't very good at running things, only at giving other people's money away - until it runs out!  But, you shouldn't vote for the same party all the time as whoever they are they get sloppy and start looking after themselves. Communities who vote for the same party all the time tend to impoverish themselves - because they are disregarded by one party and taken for granted by the other - simply by asking the question you've shown that you're more intelligent than that.

• Like 2

I'm still trying o get my head around who these 'honest Tories' are of whom you speak?

Surely your not talking about 'may or may not be good at dodging questions and changing my mind May are you? Surely not "she who speaks with more forked tounges than a John Wayne movie". Surely not the one that a year ago was adamant that leaving the EU would cost thousands of British jobs but now believes that leaving the EU would be the best thing since sliced bread, if you can get any that is and production of it hasn't been moved to Poland along with Kit-Kat. 

Surely not the May who thinks that she can get a better deal out of the EU than we have now, because it is a dead cert that any deal she gets is bound to be worse than we have now. It can't be anything else. (Cos if she does get a better deal there will be a line of 26 countries long wanting the same deal)

"Trying to give our country away"? Just where have you been living? The good old solid industrial base of our country that really mattered wasn't "given away" it was sold by those so called honest Tories and dishonest Labour years and years ago.

All that is left of our industrial base could be lifted up by its owners and dumped to Europe as easy as transfering footballers from one club to another. Unless you have worked in it and seen for yourself you have never witnessed anything so fragile.

Its not a case that May may be in for a shock, she is in for a shock, along with 52% of the British population. She wants to think herself lucky that her old man has a bob or two stashed away, probably in a non EU country, they are going to need it,

It's no good hiding behind a screen of failing NHS, failing schools, failing this, failing that,  failing the other you need an economy that is capable of supporting all those things and its the gutless leadership of that economy that is failing.

Noo tell is agyen mister, why shudda vote Tory? 

Well, sonny, you are now talking about 100 years ahead.  But you see that's what the dishonest Labour people will do in the future.  They'll want to apply emotive images of the past to future situations when your children and their children have progressed way beyond what we can imagine today.  And they'll want to pretend that this advancement was solely due to them and not due to the aspirations that we all share.

--------

P.S. Happy to tackle your now outed questions directly bb, but can we cut out the silly emotive stuff that is designed to appeal to the politically naive (in Emily Thornberry contemptuous style) - there aren't too many of those left - in case you haven't noticed! :)

• Like 2

On 2017-5-15 at 13:46, threegee said:

Well, sonny, you are now talking about 100 years ahead.  But you see that's what the dishonest Labour people will do in the future.  They'll want to apply emotive images of the past to future situations when your children and their children have progressed way beyond what we can imagine today.  And they'll want to pretend that this advancement was solely due to them and not due to the aspirations that we all share.

--------

P.S. Happy to tackle your now outed questions directly bb, but can we cut out the silly emotive stuff that is designed to appeal to the politically naive (in Emily Thornberry contemptuous style) - there aren't too many of those left - in case you haven't noticed! :)

Just returned from holiday and must apologise for ruffling a hair or two (it was intended) but I needed to know exactly where you, and your followers, politically stood, now I know I shall leave you in peace. You shall hear of me no more.

46 minutes ago, bluebarby said:

... but I needed to know exactly where you, and your followers, politically stood, now I know I shall leave you in peace. You shall hear of me no more.

You only had to read a few of my posts to know where I stand - and it most certainly isn't as a Tory voter!

I sincerely hope that I don't have any "followers", and that everyone can think for themselves.

Your retreat is only necessary if you think that your ideas won't stand up to public scrutiny.  A full range of political views is always welcome here, but you should be prepared to justify them.  If you are feeling a little sore we can declare a (partial) truce! ;)

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now