Election time again...........

Excellent news, I really believe they'll all make Bedlington an even better place.

What takes the gloss of everything that is happening is that the Parliamentary Labour Party actually want a crushing defeat (as long as they can cling on to their own seats of course) as now they see it as the only way they can now oust Corbyn.  There was a news clip yesterday of a Labour MP canvasing doors pleading with voters to ignore everything in the Labour manifesto as he fundamentally disagrees with practically everything in it.  I suppose this takes what we always knew about the mind-numbing stupidity of core Labour support to the absolute limit.  What I'd like to ask these Labour MPs is what makes them think that if/when they oust Corbyn the same highly organised Marxist factions aren't going to elect an even more extreme candidate.  If it's that they intend to split the party to regain some sort of rationality then why haven't they already done this?

Congratulations to all the independents anyway, particularly Malcolm.

@threegee While that's very true for a lot of the country, around here I think it's just people are sick and tired of the same old getting nowhere, it's like the labour party stick their fingers in their own ears every time the people speak, they just do what they want and ignore us. Brexit comes into it too (though it shouldn't as this was county elections). TBH I think there will be one heck of a cull of labour MPs come the election.

Many are in shock at how many people have moved from labour to conservative in this region, it would have been unheard of even a short time ago. Sadly the conservatives took votes from my party too - like nearly all of em! On the plus side, my party have two parish seats and I know some of the independents have too, and believe me we all want the same.

Definitely a win for Bedlington I think, and a wake up call to the remaining labour councillors. I truly think we'll see some very positive changes once everyone settles in.

• Like 2

Congratulations Malcolm.

Looks like you will have to keep ahead of the game - do you get a mobile upgrade with the position? Your comment in a previous comment (different subject) :-  ........its about impossible with my old decrepit phone!  

38 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

A sense of entitlement doesn't just afflict the Cameronite ruling classes does it?  I always chuckle when the likes of Diane Abbott or Yvette Cooper talk about "our voters"  i.e. we own them because we do all their thinking for them.

"You can now kiss goodbye to passenger trains being put back on which would have seen house prices rise and attract business"  I'd love a full discussion about that Mr Willis.  Why don't you trot along here and explain yourself fully?  Or... maybe you don't think your rhetoric will stand up to critical examination?

Congratulations to all three of the Bedlington Independents who were successful today. The work and effort that has been put into this campaign has been nothing short of tremendous, so well done.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mercuryg said:

Congratulations to all three of the Bedlington Independents who were successful today. The work and effort that has been put into this campaign has been nothing short of tremendous, so well done.

... and congratulations to the intellgent people of Bedlington. Democracy gives us the right to vote but when all's said and done, it's intelligence that lets us use that vote wisely!

Well done Malcolm! Looking forward to seeing more improvements in Bedlington.

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now