Why am I following so many topics

Canny lass

The past month or so I seem to automatically follow any topic I participate in. This results in many notifications in my e-mail which I feel I could live without. I've tried changing my settings to 'no notifications' and I've tried 'unfollowing' without success (latest attempt 5 minutes ago so we'll see how it goes with this topic). Is it some new feature of the forum that we automatically follow a topic if we participate in the discussion?

17 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Following again after that second post, despite having unfollowed after the first, and I suppose I'll be following again when I've posted this. Help!

There are 2 settings that control this.

Firstly, this one...

58cbb48cdaa1a_WhyamIfollowingsomanytopics-ChatCentral-Bedlington_co.uk2017-03-1711-04-36.png.cfc5af6b31ad7cf38c61b19a544dc991.png

Secondly this one...

58cbb4d12f016_NotificationSettings-Bedlington_co.uk2017-03-1711-05-54.png.bd3076586b053b9c6d8412d2ae41eaef.png

The default for the second was changed in a recent update. If you have never explicitly set these up then you will be using the default. You can alter it from the user menu in the top right. Clicking account settings and then notification settings

• Like 1

I think I only receive emails where another user has replied to a comment I have made and that user uses the 'Quote' facility to comment.

I have just used the 'Quote' facility replying to Symptoms but I have NOT received any email notifying me of that action.

Checked my profile, and yours CL, but can't see anything in there that would allow me to change what notifications I receive - could just be an Administrator faciity.

See what happens, email or no email, when I save this comment.

1 minute ago, Andy Millne said:

Looks like our replies crossed @Eggy1948 all of the notification options are customisable from User menu > Account settings > notification settings.

They did cross Andy. Looks like CL has many 'settings' selected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Thanks guys!

I've never seen 'notification settings'. I've been dealing with it under 'manage followed content'. I've made a few changes so hopefully the problem is solved. If not can I come back on it?

........just singing and dancing in the rain - Doobe do do doobe doobe doo do.....................

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now