WBTC Newsletter

I see what you mean, Foxy. I wonder why they bother to explain that one particular councillor "is not a member of the Services Committee" and thereby excusing his absence. Given his attendance rate at full council meetings, he doesn't appear to be a member of the full Council either. Any possible explanation would have been better placed under that table. In saying that I'm assuming that his absence isn't caused by some legit. reason such as ill health.

In other matters, well done Malcolm and supporting cast. I think Bedlington has stepped upp to the spoon very nicely the past few years. It's starting to look really nice and while appearances are not the be all and end all of everything they do go an awful long way in helping to promote a place. Malcolm, why are you joining us 'commoners' again? You've only just got your mayor's hat nicely warmed up. Why discard it now?

Edited by Canny lass
  • Like 2

In a nutshell Canny Lass, the dummy was spit out two years ago when control of the council was taken from Labour. I could write a book, better still I've got a video of a meeting where one of theirs is being told how to vote by another of their own. Watching them is certainly better entertainment than Emmerdale on a Thursday night!  BTW they do visit this website although they do not comment, Guilty as charged ! ;)

• Like 1

Canny lass...........

Ta......... but you will appreciate the time and effort it takes to get things done especially in the public sector realm.  

I have meetings and phone calls and email to do just about everyday and a full time job to hold down.  

Luckily I work mostly at weekends but that means I don't get the nice things to do like the Fair/Picnic opening etc,.,.,.,.,.,.

Unlike the rest I have never taken a penny in expenses, I've changed holidays over to get to attend important meetings and put the council before my private life for 2 years.  I just need to rebalance.................

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

....  put the council before my private life for 2 years.  I just need to rebalance.................

What you've actually done is put 'the people of Bedlington' before your private life for two years. I hope it's been appreciated. However, I understand the need to take a break. Would a week-end off not do the trick?

• Like 1

CL, The fella that allegedly represents your old "patch" has become known locally as the invisible man, I've no doubt he'll be getting the bandages on soon to walk the streets and begin the election campaign.Total contribution to the town in four years has been to  fund a bus shelter. He set up a facebook page for his electorate but he just recently banned a number of people from the page for asking questions that he doesn't like. No need for me to tell you which political group he's affiliated to, I'm sure you'll get it in one!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

I am being convinced to go for a county seat.............  

Just for a second I read that as 'country' seat! You wouldn't believe the picture that flew into my head.

I'm sure you'd give your all at county level as well. Some people are made like that.

• 1 month later...

Shame the St Bedes parking campaign was an abject failure; the same idiot parents park where they want, just so little Poppy/Oscar don't have to get their shoes covered in Bedlington grime.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now