La La Land

threegee

From a friend who saw it recently with family:

I've seen La La Land, the "huge, smash hit". Almost the worst film I've actually sat through to the end. Plotless, wooden acting, and a screeching, often flat, female lead. If that's what's going to inspire movies going forward Hollywood is going to become a 2nd rate Bollywood.

Pity, it could have been Eggy's fave film, apart from Singing in the Rain that is. ;)

• Like 1

Mrs Sym insisted that I watched it last night (free via Kodi on the telly) ... both of us agreed at the end that we'll never get those hours back.  Simply an awful film and the leads no Fred Astair or Ginger Rogers;  yep, they had the dance steps but it was wooden - all a bit 'Dad dancing'.  

I think the Oscars 'Best Picture' mix up is one of the best stories to come out of any awards ceremony - something I never watch.

Price Waterhouse Cooper must have had someone 'moonlighting' on their books to cock that up!

I'll stick to singing, and dancing, in the rain 3G.

But I could be tempted to to go Tra La La La, Lala La La , One banana, Two Bannan, Three Banana four.........................

Instead of The Oscars they could rename it The Banana Splits and keep on slipping up.

12 hours ago, Maggie/915 said:

Forget the oscars.

Try two films :-

1) Lion

2) Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Your correct Maggie, new films dont do it for me, I would rather watch an old classic.

How about this one for to bring a tear to your eye. 

They dont make em like they used to :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now