Jump to content

Gateway Features


Andy Millne
 Share

Recommended Posts

Excellent!

The Choo-Choo of The North - eat your heart out Gormley!  :D

P.S. We might want to avoid coining The Dog of...  :unsure:

 

1483328744_20161228-ChooChoo-001_t1070_h

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2017 at 13:07, Malcolm Robinson said:

Been organised even before you wrote it _Pauls :)

 

I hesitate to say we are not all amateurs! :lol:;)

 

They have all been placed at 90 degrees to the section of the road as you come in.  

 

Like them or loath them they "announce" when you enter Bedlington Town, in other words they are gateway features....

Good to hear - I think they look great. Just as I say at the moment the effect of the train is a little diminished by the bins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Malcolm - I posted the photos and Newsletter Maggies photos on the Bedlington Remembered Facebook site and one comment, just in this morning, from a member is :- 'Yes netherton road end but they took away seat that was there shame!!'

Do you know if the seat has gone for ever or is it to be 're-sited' ? 



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry its taken so long to get back Eggy but I work all day Sat/Sun.

Yes there will be a seat replacement there, actually its going to be a Terrier one.  

 

All approved by WBTC and it should be in within a week or two.  

 

Its moving slightly towards that black planter, when that gets moved back, so there is an uninterrupted view of the Bedlington coat of arms.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

Sorry its taken so long to get back Eggy but I work all day Sat/Sun.

Yes there will be a seat replacement there, actually its going to be a Terrier one.  

 

All approved by WBTC and it should be in within a week or two.  

 

Its moving slightly towards that black planter, when that gets moved back, so there is an uninterrupted view of the Bedlington coat of arms.   

Cheers Malcolm - would you like me to update Nellie Dickson or will you do it ypurself -  now I have approved you :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2017 at 15:17, _pauls said:

Good to hear - I think they look great. Just as I say at the moment the effect of the train is a little diminished by the bins!

The green waste bin has now been removed from in front of the train, but not re-sited . Naturally it hasn't taken those that would use a public waste bin long to notice that now there is no where for the public to deposit their rubbish.

Facebook - Bygone Bedlington post :- 

Well done to to council for finally taking away the bins in front if the train but not soooo good to the people responsible for not finding another bin to put their litter in 1f62c.png?1f62c.png?1f62c.png?1f44e.png?

 

17951605_1692498954384158_8187418823441170107_n.jpg

18033165_1692498974384156_2290858137297526266_n.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/04/2017 at 09:42, Eggy1948 said:

The green waste bin has now been removed from in front of the train, but not re-sited . Naturally it hasn't taken those that would use a public waste bin long to notice that now there is no where for the public to deposit their rubbish.

Facebook - Bygone Bedlington post :- 

Well done to to council for finally taking away the bins in front if the train but not soooo good to the people responsible for not finding another bin to put their litter in 1f62c.png?1f62c.png?1f62c.png?1f44e.png?

 

17951605_1692498954384158_8187418823441170107_n.jpg

18033165_1692498974384156_2290858137297526266_n.jpg

Surely tackling the litter problem would've been a better use of funds than some statues? People are too concerned about 'leaving their mark' rather than tackling the mundane, everyday problems of the here and now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Denzel said:

Surely tackling the litter problem would've been a better use of funds than some statues? People are too concerned about 'leaving their mark' rather than tackling the mundane, everyday problems of the here and now.

Drove past Atlee Park this morning and I see (cos I hadn't noticed it last week) a new litter bin has been sited in the car park, next to one of the flower planters, so there are now two litter bins. 

Denzel speaks and a mundane, everyday problem is resolved.

Must have been the Urban Northumberland Task-force (unt)

Champion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Hide Adverts


  • Latest News

    • Get the latest Northumberland news and updates delivered straight to your inbox
      All they want to do is cradle their newborn baby in their arms.
      But Bedlington parents Carly Walker and Ryan Murphy have been forced to watch from the sidelines as their daughter fights for her life.
      Little Ayda Faith Murphy was born prematurely on March 31, weighing just 4lbs, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
      Rushed for her first operation straight after birth and another at just four days old, she's battling terrifying odds after being diagnosed with a series of incredibly rare birth defects.
      An almost unique variant of gastroschisis, a defect of the abdominal wall, has left her intestines pushing up into her chest - a condition doctors estimate is suffered by no more than 10 babies worldwide.
      Meanwhile, her heart appears to have flipped over and lies on the wrong side of her chest, while she's receiving oxygen from a machine due to her underdeveloped lungs.
      Keep up-to-date with all the latest news in the county by visiting our Northumberland Live homepage.
      You can sign up to our daily Northumberland newsletter here.
      Facebook: Here's our main Northumberland page.
      Twitter: You can follow the Northumberland Live page here.
      Find The Journal's Northumberland editions on the British Newspaper Archive here.

  • Popular Now

  • Latest Topics

×
×
  • Create New...