Les Dixon

Bedlington Morrisons R.I.P

Well Les I certainly hope it does survive, it employs over 100 people while the  Lidle stores I have been in seem to work on a skeleton staff.

I like  named brands that are not available at Lidle so I wont be doing much in the way of shopping at the new store. Morrisons or Asdas own savers  label; brands seem much cheaper than the unheard of foreign brands sold by Lidle. but I suppose it will suit some folk,

They do seem to have had a lot of bad press lately 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2515563/couple-fear-they-have-tapeworms-after-finding-eggs-in-lidl-beef-steaks-they-had-eaten/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/17/alert-poisonous-paint-thinner-found-lidl-gravy/ 

I was only implying that Morrisons need to address their extortionate prices, a little competition should sort that out.

A win-win for the people of Bedlington I would've thought.

Also, I was unaware that such a small store such as Bedlington Morrisons employed over 100 people??? 

And please don't believe everything you read, especially from a newspaper such as The Sun.

• Like 1

Well Les I think the prices in Morrisons are very reasonable compared to Asda that we used to shop at, especially the butchers department that always has some sort of offer on, and as I said if you are not bothered about buying branded label's Morrisons savers range is excellent value, tins of some items as low as 10p. I wish Morrisons and its staff the best of luck for the future and hope those folks jobs are secure  

And I can assure you Les I don't believe everything I read  or hear on the news :D

On 30/01/2017 at 17:48, moe19 said:

Well Les I certainly hope it does survive, it employs over 100 people while the  Lidle stores I have been in seem to work on a skeleton staff.

I like  named brands that are not available at Lidle so I wont be doing much in the way of shopping at the new store. Morrisons or Asdas own savers  label; brands seem much cheaper than the unheard of foreign brands sold by Lidle. but I suppose it will suit some folk,

They do seem to have had a lot of bad press lately 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2515563/couple-fear-they-have-tapeworms-after-finding-eggs-in-lidl-beef-steaks-they-had-eaten/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/17/alert-poisonous-paint-thinner-found-lidl-gravy/ 

Are you 100% sure about this?