Happy Birthday Canny Lass

Maggie/915

Thank you one and all for your very kind wishes! 

The day is going well. Started with breakfast in bed accompanied by a 5 man band of grandchildren outside the window giving Iron Maiden, and my lugs, a good thrashing! 

Then we had the usual morning chore of shovelling snow followed by a sauna and a roll in the snow (not a euphemism - honest)! We required hot coffee and something stronger to warm up - purely for medicinal purposes. One can't be too careful at my age.

Now whiling away the last hour before my guests arrive and the serious partying begins. Hangover cures welcome tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone

... and Eggy 'Tack ska du ha'

... and Moe - yes they do, don't they.

... Foxy - I'll deal with you later!

• Like 2

Thanks Brian.

Not feeling too bad this morning - or what's left of it - apart from Iron Maiden thrashing about in my head.

Eggy, thanks for the hangover cures! I've already done:

a lie in

tea AND coffee AND water

a hair of the cat (haven't got a dog)

chocolate 

banana

I'll have the fresh air after the roast dinner and the fry up.

Definitely going to make some of those glow-stick thingummies when we shovel snow tomorrow. I missed today's shovelling - ashamed face.

• 4 weeks later...

Whey yi bugga!!

Canny Lass,sorry aam a bit late in catching up,been helping ti keep the N.H.S.staff employed,while fighting off the devil's bloody crew!!

Hope ye had a really nice one,and hope aam aroond on time next year!!

Cheers!

It was wonderful help  -

Its half term here so used the opportunity to lay down 8 tonne of gravel in a grotto we use for the camp fires. (we are in an ex convent) the kids loved doing it, especially with the quads and trailers whizzing about! Then we took the opportunity to sort some wood out for the fires - there was only one casualty - er a  leader who wondered how sharp these new axes were -  I think I might have to revisit the whole safety thing !!!!!

But after an hour or so of use the hatchets were still as sharp as they started out - lovely bit of Swedish steel.

Glad you like them! Don't forget to clean and hone  a little after every use, particularly if you are using them on pine trees. The resin plays havoc with the sharpness. Bit of turps or an alcohol hand wipe gets rid of it nicely so that you don't get a build up. The latter is easy to have with you in your first aid kit - along with the elastoplasts.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now