Bedlington Council Second Best Run Council in UK!

Hi Bedlingtonians hope all at home and those in exile are well, in good health and in enlightened spirits.

As a young boy I remeber someone commenting that Bedlington Council was the second best run Council in the Country, they came within their finacial yearly budgets, ran a very efficent council offices and repair and maintaince yard as there was a lot of Council property built and estates created after the Second World War.

It was when the mergre with Wansbeck Council when Bedlington was under capatlised comapred with Ashington and Newbiggin -By -The Sea, also with the major industry's like the pits closing and people had to seek work in areas where there was factorys, office work ,be re-skilled or accept redunancy money and maybe end up on the dole some years later when the money runs out.

Bedlington for some time has been a satallite town for Newcastle- Upon -Tyne, nice countryside, not far from a major city Newcastle-Upon -Tyne and that rugged yet beautiful Northumberland Coast Line.

I was suprised that Bedlington had a UKIP office in the High St as an anti-establishment two party policy organisations, I cant remember Bedlington been over run with immmigrants when I lived there maybe a Chinese,Indian and a very nice Pakistanie small shop.

Europe was not perfect it needs a lot reforming of course, but dont forget we have never had a war in Europe for over 76 years now, that's a good thing, Social Chapter and improvement towards UK Environment along with European Social Fund (ESF) towards the poorest regions in the UK I am sure the North-East would have qualifed for (ESF)

I consider myself a Universal International Human Being due to extensive travelling in the world we are all part of the Human Species, it's your attitude what counts never mind where you come from or what your beliefs are if you are kind, considerate, thoughtful, communicative, not angry, having compassion, harmony and a cooperative mind and spirit do you really need the poltics of right wing ideology populism please remember what happened in the 1930 -40s in Nazi Germany the Brexist vote is a swing to right wing politics, don't forget Mr Nigel Farage, went to Public School, was a Stockbroker an non existint MEP second worst record of attendence to EU parliament, what resemblance has he with the so called blue collar working class just because he smokes a tab and drinks a pint of beer and is rude to a lot of people does not make  him a working, lower middle class representive. 

Whatever happened to the £350 million a week towards NHS and where did Mr Nigel Farage, Michael Gove and David Cameron go after the Referndrum result which 37% of the Voters in the UK voted for in all total 27% of the adult population voted for this mandate.

The real dissullionsed dont vote as there is an alternative way!

We just got to find it and put into working practice so we all benefit maybe Resource Management more sustainable efficent way of being towards the Future.

Yours in the Spirit of Cooperation

Malcolm G Allan

Fellow Devon School For Social Entrepreneurs 2010.

Thus should be fun; I am drawn to this paragraph - "I was suprised that Bedlington had a UKIP office in the High St as an anti-establishment two party policy organisations, I cant remember Bedlington been over run with immmigrants when I lived there maybe a Chinese,Indian and a very nice Pakistanie small shop."

I wasn't aware a town had to have an immigration problem to qualify for a UKIP office (and no, I'm not a supporter of the party)! Also, the good Mr Chahal would hit you with his stick if he knew you'd referred to him as a Pakistani; He's Indian.

• Like 3

My sincere apologies to Mr Chahal for saying he was Pakastani when he's Indian as I quoted it was along time ago when I used to visit shop,

Om Shanti.

Yours in the Spirit of Cooperation

Malcolm G Allan.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now