Posted Event Westridge School Reunion 1967/68

Hi Bedlingtonians Have just posted on events calender if you want to check it out Westridge County Secondary School Reunion if you where in RXY forms likes of Jimmy Watson, Tom Miller, Janet Common, Joe Lees, Alan Coultas any one else of those years I think ! 1967/68 and think it would be a good idea to see what we have done since we left Westridge.

Reunion early July 2017, if anyone is interested please contact Malcolm G Allan Glastonbury Somerset through bedligton.co.uk

Thanks

Yours in the Spirit of Co-operation

Malcolm G Allan.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Symptoms said:

Talc ... is that you?

Is that John Fox otherwiswe known as Foxy used to live next to Norman/Janet Common Meadowdale estate, have not been called Talc for about 40 years now, get called Malcolm now down south. Yours in the Spirit of Co-operation Malcolm.

• Like 2

Talc - Just to wet your appetite ... here are a couple of photos from Keswick in 1969:

Photo 1: (l t0 r) Alan 'Cowt' Coultass, David 'Docka' Docherty, Malcolm 'Talc' Allan climbing Skiddaw above Keswick

Keswick6-1969.jpg

Photo 2: At the summit.  The photographer is me Symptoms (Talc if you remember me - keep my real ID quiet here on the blog ... I'll confirm via a Personal Message)

Keswick5-1969.jpg

Oh, what tales we could tell about the Keswick holidays all we lads had!

11 hours ago, Carol Sneddon said:

hi I have just joined this website,looking for Jane common and this popped up,my maiden name is Suthers,and I was in x class at westridge,I lived across the road from Alan coultas,would love to hear from someone,

Carol - unfortunately I can't help you with contacts for any Ex Westridge pupils but I do remember posting this photo of a netball team that included a Janet Common.  I new her brother Norman, a couple of years younger then me, from the Grammar School and I think I met Janet a couple of times, some 50+ years ago!. I see that photo of the netball team, in the Gallery - Historic Bedlington - Westridge School End of term class photos, includes a Carol Suthers.

Talc ... although I don't live in Blighty I'd be interested in attending the proposed reunion.  Strictly speaking I don't qualify 'cos I was in the year above, so perhaps the qualifying boundary could be 'elastic', say a year of two either side.

I'd look forward to talking about the stuff we got up to: concerts at the Rex Hotel Whitley Bay and kipping on my Granny's floor at Billy Mill 'cos there were no late buses back to Bedders; concerts at the Mayfair and catching the 3am London/Edinburgh Mail Train (using 2d {old pence} platform tickets ... naughty!) from the Central Station to Morpeth, then walking back to Bedders sometimes in knee-deep snow; the weekly bands/dances at the Market Place Club;  supping ale at the Farmers in the Haymarket before going to the matches at St James;  and, of course all the annual camping holidays in Keswick.

Edited by Symptoms

Hi Bedlingtontonians, May I thank Symptoms for photo of climb of Skiddaw Keswick man that was a long time ago, I remember walking up there on a hot sunny day with a magnifecent view across the Lakes and to Morcambe Bay.Yes Symptoms  come to the Westridge Class Renunion the more the merrier as we can converse about our lifetime experiences and what we have done and where we have  been.

I remeber Carol Suthers now Carol Sneddon, also know Janet Commons address if Carol wants to txt me I will give her Janets address I am sure she would be pleased to hear from you Carol.

Also I don't use my nickname anymore I am a grown man and as seen my school and youth days are far behind me now, so I am not been snobish or anything but could anyone posting use Malcolm as my name, I would sincerely appreciate that as in all things in life we got to move on even though we did get our Rocks Off at The Rex Hotel, Mayfair and de Cellar in the old days which i can vaguely remeber through a drunken haze as now only drink on Sunday when I perform as The Blues Geordie at Backdoor Blues Jam Hawthorns Hotel in Glastonbury.

Just remeber what Uncle Frank Zappa said "The mind is like a Parachute it does not work unless it's open"

"Keeping an open Mind"

Yours in the Spirit of Co-operation

Malcolm G Allan.

• Like 1

Hi Carol Sneddon have just checked out Janet Commons address apparently the house she used to live in was sold in 2015, so I dont know were she lives now only solution if someone knows her brother Norman maybe he could pass her details on for you.

Yours in the Spirit of Cooperation

Malcolm G Allan.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carol Sneddon have just checked out Janet Commons address apparently the house she used to live in was sold in 2015, so I dont know were she lives now only solution if someone knows her brother Norman maybe he could pass her details on for you.

Malcolm G Allan.

55 minutes ago, Symptoms said:

Perhaps, we should create a list of those we remember from Westridge in the hope that others here might have contact info on them so invites to the proposed reunion can by dispatched.  Shame friendsreunited has gone as that would have been a reasonable starting list.

Hi Symptoms yes a good idea if we can build up a list of who wants to attend this wonderful collective nostalgic occassion,maybe book Bedlington Community Centre with some entertainment to get our creaking aging bodies into a groove, I cant remember everyone in my year but somebody who still lives in Bedlington and was about in our time,can act as a coordinator a link with the past to the present,we have sometime to organise but if we have not had a response by May 2017. Then our schooldays will just remain memory's.

Keep well and in good spirits.

Malcolm G Allan

Hi all Bedlingtonians at home or in Exile.

The Westridge Re-union July 2017 does anybody have contact with any of the following: Peter Tate, Jimmy Watson, Tom Miller, Joe Lees, Colin Ellis,Alan Coultas,  Keith Bacon, Tom Rodway, Janet Common, Carol Suthers(Snedden) Mary Matthews, Maureen Purvis all these are from the x class anybody else of those years interested in the Re-union or you have contact with anybody inform them of this site and leave details if they can attend and those who they can contact.

Malcolm G Allan.

Dear Bedligtonians at Home or in Exile, I am making enqires about Davy Job a best mate a long time ago, great memory's Hope Davy's well, can anybody inform me?

We had a Community Spirit in the day's of pit's parental main employer locally all community where involved in the mining industery at that time.

Good to see and hear from John Fox as a Bedlington Citizen and past association.Keep well John.

Malcolm G Allan

Glastonbury

Somerset.

• Like 1

Note to Administrators -  I've cobbled together a list of about 70 pupils from 66/67 which I'll post here but was wondering if there was a way of allowing the list to be kept live for other Forum Members to add names, and to update as folks on the list have been contacted and an indication as to whether they would attend a reunion.  I'm thinking of a table of some form, perhaps with 3 columns: Name, Contacted, Attendance.  If there is a way of doing it in this thread I can re-post my list to make it 'live or active' for others to amend.

Here's my starter list:

Barbara Rudge

Susan Lindsey

Joe Knox

Alan Charlton

Kenny Campell

Lenny Wilson

Mary Tyler

Michael Henderson

Maureen Hindhaugh

Yvonne Logan

Billy Stoker

John Hancox

Alan Henderson

Charlie Roberts

John Bowman

Colin Cooper

Janet Common

Michael Gibb

Veronica Chadwick

Peter Oliver

Elizabeth Rowell

Margaret Richardson

Pauline Brown

Elizabeth Stafford

Aileen Prime

Carole Johnson

Eileen Cummings

Yvonne Thompson

Sally Jones

Anne Stafford

Sheila Oliver

Joan Gibson

Gordon Coulthard

David Fennel

Shirley Andrews

Anne Graham

Helen Hurst

Judith Oliver

Marjory Mayes

Carol Johnstone

Irene Ellison

Florence Ellis

Ken Straw  

John Brews

Malcolm Cross

Tony Burn

John Orange

Gordon Hartil

Gordon Morris

Ivan Knox

Les Stewart

Barry Muldoon

Alan Potter

Paul Hewish

David Halloran

Michael Dixon

Ian Henderson

Rod Allison

Alan Carr

Bob Young

Larry Steel

Colin Sanderson

Joe Know

Dennis Miller

Jimmy Potts

Michael Routledge

Jimmy Watson

David Morris

Brian Corner

Martin Henderson

Paul Hewish

Simon Temple

Melvyn Jamieson

John Hewish

Joe Lees

Donald MacDonald

George Nesbitt

Alan Greenacre

John Harmerson

Ian Dixon

Alan Coultas

• Like 1

Dear Symptoms well done with your list and recomendations of gathering all names together I think it was Joe Knox who lived around the corner from me some other names that I can just about recollect Stewart Green, John Harmerson, Beryl Hart, David and Micky Potts, Davy Job, Stuart Anderson, Marion Laws, Malcolm Byers, Pat Foreshaw,Muriel Cutter, Harry Stapley,Bob Baxter so there is quite a list built up so far if we can contact and confirm how many can make the re-union so we can book Community Centre for the night as forward planning is good policy, thanks for your imput and others who can make this happen anybody in Bedlington to assist would be great as they are at the frontline of business as some of us have moved away from the area for sometime now and have not got the local contacts that somebody would have in the Bedlington area.

Malcolm G Allan

Glastonbury

Somerset.

Hi Symptoms hope alls well, The Bedlington Community Centre Longridge Room hire prices £25.00 per hour or special offer £75.00 for 4hrs for a room of 150 people.

If we book room for the 4hr period do we have a door policy of charging people to cover costs of hiring room at Glastonbury we do Magic Hat Donation to pay for events, if not what would we charge? I suppose it depends on the amount of people who say they are going to attend if we get a good response what would you recommend?

Maybe a cut off date end of May for those who put their name on a list then we could see if it's worth pursuing the Great Westridge School Re-union,of course there could be another venue to be considered for the night, maybe draw up a list of possible venues and ask those who want to attend which they prefer.

Malcolm G Allan.

• 2 weeks later...

GGG - I've registered westridgeschool.com and created a simple webpage (with email reply) for the proposed Westridge reunion.  Obviously, the next step is getting it hosted.  Before I do this does bedlington.co.uk have a vast server farm hidden away that might be able to host the site?  If not I'll stick it on godaddy or similar.  It's ready to launch so a speedy reply would be appreciated.

The intention of the website is to capture anybody who might google Westridge School to alert them to the reunion and direct them to this thread.  Casting the net as wide as possible.

Hi Symptoms,thanks for casting the net as wide as possible and getting people who want to attend this wonderous occassion of school days of yore at Westridge. As we agree if people log on and say they are willing to attend then this gives us a chance to organise where to have it? any costs involved, who will cover the costs and do we provide some form of entertainment, maybe some ex pupils who have developed some musical or entertaining qualitys could provide?

Thanks for your cooperation as we are both exiles we got to rely on technology to assist us in promoting and organising the Westridge school Re-Union as we have had over 800 hits since December 2016.

Keep well if all goes well looking forward to see you at the Re-Union.

Malcolm G Allan.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now