Boycotting Branson

threegee

A campaign now building to boycott all things Virgin over Branson's funding of the campaign to overturn the Brexit vote.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/736027/richard-branson-brexit-boycott-virgin

Blair is the ringleader of this, and that alone has many tempers flaring.

A memo written by ex-health secretary Alan Milburn, a key ally of former prime minister Tony Blair, says: "We have been beavering away over the last few months to get a Europe campaign up and running. I'm pleased to say that substantial progress has been made.

"I have met the Freuds team several times and we are making good progress. I have been in discussions with an excellent potential CEO to lead the campaign.

"Virgin ... are keen to help. Since we last spoke [they] have offered a further £25k, plus bigger office space, help with legal advice and a possible secondment.

Someone posted a list of Branson enterprises to boycott:

V Festival
Virgin Active
Virgin America
Virgin Atlantic
lVirgin Australia Holdings
Virgin Books
Virgin Care
Virgin Connect
Virgin Experience Days
Virgin Galactic
Virgin Green Fund
Virgin Health Bank
Virgin Health Miles
Virgin Holidays
Virgin Hotels
Virgin Limited Edition
Virgin Megastores
Virgin Mobile
Virgin Money
Virgin Oceanic
Virgin Racing
Virgin Radio
Virgin Rail Group
Virgin Sports
Virgin Trains East Coast
Virgin Unite
Virgin Vacations
Virgin Voucher
Virgin Voyages

• Like 2

Whey,nowt for me ti boycott...aav nivvor had owt ti dae wi any of thi above list!..nivvor been abroad in me life....nivvor been on a virgin train...mind,a did shake hands wi Mr Branson a few years back,in Heathrow airport,when my family were seeing my Son's Italian Wife's Family off ti Italy,after the Wedding between my Son and thier Daughter.

It was straight after Richard Branson's Balloon had crashed in the desert,and HE looked absoloutely shattered and worn oot,raggy-looking,but as warm and affectionate natured as hell!

A just congratulated him,said will ye be trying again....and he spent thi time of day wi me for a few minutes,even though he was desperate ti get back home..smashing bloke....nowt ti dae wi any of he's business projects like![he might be a reet sod aroond thi bizniz tyeble!]

11 hours ago, threegee said:

A campaign now building to boycott all things Virgin over Branson's funding of the campaign to overturn the Brexit vote.
Blair is the ringleader of this, and that alone has many tempers flaring.

Virgin Trains East Coast

Too late - just packed the wife, daughter & sister-in-law on a Virgin train for their annual trip to Edinburgh; Lunch at The Dome then shopping.

I will send them a text and get them to come back on the bus and next year we will ignore the 1hr 24min (each way) £18.60 return fare (with reserved seat) and go for the 2hr 45min (each way) £15.65 return coach journey.

If I find any virgins, at the Comrades club, I will attempt to convert.

I'm singing and dancing in the remain, doo be do, doo be doo be do.............

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mercuryg said:

No, i'll be supporting him. 

Doubtless he'll be grateful, as with all the business he's losing, he's going to be struggling maintaining that "refugee" camp on his private island.  ;)

BTW are you supporting Tony in his scheming to frustrate and undo a democratic decision?

• Like 2

The majority of folk  would always do the exact opposite to what Phony and his marrows want.

Lets give them all a big thank you, if it was not for them shouting so loud about how bad brexit was we would never have won the referendum.:lol:

They still don't get the fact that they are hated and many folk will vote to do the opposite of what ever  they say. 

Cheers guys for setting us free even though you never intended it :beer:     

• Like 1

On 25/11/2016 at 22:07, threegee said:

Doubtless he'll be grateful, as with all the business he's losing, he's going to be struggling maintaining that "refugee" camp on his private island.  ;)

BTW are you supporting Tony in his scheming to frustrate and undo a democratic decision?

Nice island, I helped produce the brochures for him.

No, Tony can take a running jump. I'm not sure the Brexit vote was democratic in truth, given that many on both sides didn't know what they .were voting for. An almighty mess, in my opinion,

People don't HAVE to know why they voted: they still have a right to vote.

An orangutan could stand for election in our local areas and as long as it was standing for Labour it would win and we would accept the democratic result

People are only called politically illiterate when when it does not suit the wishes and whims of the wealthy  elite.

I suggest that there are many more who don't know why they voted to remain but are too arrogant  to find out why!

Oh the wails and cries of the  out of touch Londoners and the Oxford hooray Henry's and luvies panicking when they realised the rest of the U.K could think for themselves

:lol:

• Like 1

"People don't HAVE to know why they voted: they still have a right to vote."

Absolutely true, Moe, but doesn't it concern you at least a little that a vote of this importance was put in the hands of a group of persons of whom, let's be honest, few knew - or know - all the facts? Or, to go a step further, didn't actually care very much about it? 

Just now, mercuryg said:

Absolutely true, Moe, but doesn't it concern you at least a little that a vote of this importance was put in the hands of a group of persons of whom, let's be honest, few knew - or know - all the facts? Or, to go a step further, didn't actually care very much about it? 

No it does not concern me at all.

As I said most people in this area vote labour no matter what, purely due to the fact that parents and grandparents before them did so, they know and care little about political matters.Does it concern me? not in the least it is that persons democratic right to vote as they see fit, do all of us who voted differently protest at the democratic result?, no. 

The day we stop allowing people to vote because we think they are to ignorant to understand politics would be the end of the UK and democracy as we know it .

The alternative would be to allow the wealthy elite to make decisions on our behalf.

Changes are a coming in Europe and the rest of the world, and those on the gravy train don't like it.      

• Like 1

"The day we stop allowing people to vote because we think they are to ignorant to understand politics would be the end of the UK and democracy as we know it ."

Of course, I wasn't suggesting such. It does concern me, however, and I do take on board your comments about locals voting labour. As for democracy, it's not necessarily about giving votes on issues such as Brexit to the people; we've already exercised our democratic right to vote for members of parliament to represent us. I believe that, as in Ancient Greece, where the concept originated, giving important votes such as this was about allowing those elected members to do it for us? 

5 minutes ago, mercuryg said:

As for democracy, it's not necessarily about giving votes on issues such as Brexit to the people; 

Tell that to the people of Scotland and prepare to have a haggis stuffed where the sun don't shine :lol:

Its actually the third REFERENDUM that has taken place in the whole of the UK , with  no problem accepting the results of the other two, 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, moe19 said:

Tell that to the people of Scotland and prepare to have a haggis stuffed where the sun don't shine :lol:

Its actually the third REFERENDUM that has taken place in the whole of the UK , with  no problem accepting the results of the other two, 

I love haggis, but not there! Your second sentence highlights the problem, however; it was a referendum, not an election. It was never a binding decision, and still isn't. 

Just now, mercuryg said:

I love haggis, but not there! Your second sentence highlights the problem, however; it was a referendum, not an election. It was never a binding decision, and still isn't. 

Well I have been discussing peoples democratic right to vote even if they dont know anything about the matter they are voting on.

But as far as  Brexit in concerned  you need to dry your eyes and mop up that milk dearie, that ship has sailed  you will just have to stop stomping your feet and get over it,

your cabin is booked whether you like it or not, and being seasick aint going to make em  turn the ship around . :lol:

All Aboard.:beer:    

Edited by moe19
  • Like 2

The EU is now entering self-destruct phase.  We triggered this, though it would have happened at some point anyway.  I'm genuinely sorry for those who are still clinging to this sinking ship. Circumstances have taken over and the UK's position is now largely irrelevant to the EU's demise. I've stopped arguing with the very few religious holdouts I know, as they become increasingly desperate and irrational.  Mad as a hatter Tim Farron strikes me as the epitome of this!

Merkel is about to get knifed by her own party/coalition; Italy is in for a painful exit from the EZ - the civil unrest has already started, and of course another season another Greek financial crisis; France is even more EUsceptic than the UK now...  It's just a matter of the order the dominoes fall in, and exactly when.  I'm keeping my pension payments well away from European banks, and have alerted others to the now distinct possibility of a cash grab at theirs!

Of course the EU elites are never going to admit that their political project has failed, but what will finally emerge won't be anything like what they were planning.  Seems like the UK will be prime candidate for scapegoat: because we really didn't BELIEVE!

• Like 2

"But as far as  Brexit in concerned  you need to dry your eyes and mop up that milk dearie, that ship has sailed  you will just have to stop stomping your feet and get over it,"

I'm not that bothered, to be honest, as it affects me very little (well, apart from my dollars being worth more!). It's the fact many who voted thought they were voting for things they aren't going to get; a bit like Mr Trump and his wall! Where would we be without politics to keep us amused!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now