Who will loose seats in North East

moe19

I wonder who  the MPs in the North East would be if the commissions proposals are carried out .

Proposals from the Boundary commissions for England and Wales may see  a number of our MPs deselected 

Jeremy Corbyn and  George Osborne and Boris Johnson are among those whose seats the proposal would be abolished.

North-East: 25, down four

Yorkshire and the Humber: 50, down four

Eastern: 57, down one

East Midlands: 44, down two

London: 68, down five

North West: 68, down seven

South East: 83, down one overall (two seats are lost but the Isle of Wight goes up from a single seat to two)

South West: 53, down two

West Midlands: 53, down six

• Like 1

I'd wondered this about the NE too.

Maybe Cameron triggered a by-election now so's Boris or Davis couldn't slide into his seat at the 2020 GE?  Being forced to campaign for either with a happy face would even be beyond his powers of deception!

Apparently  each seat will contain an average of 75,000 voters.

The constituencies earmarked for extinction will be absorbed by their neighbours.

If they chop the number of elected MPs  I hope they don't forget to give the cronies in the unelected house of lords a good pruning, or am I expecting to much

The same principal needs to be applied to Scotland double quick; it would reduce the number of SNP MPs by about 2/3 and clip the mad fish woman's wings!

From what I've just heard on the news it seems about time we took a hatchet to the HoL too - 100 of their lordships now seems too many!  In fact the HoL would be a good place to start PR in: one lud for every percent of the national vote I think.

• 3 weeks later...

the tragedy with Berwick is that it lost a fine man in Alan Beith, irrespective of his political affiliation he did a damn good job for many years. the 3 candidates that stood to replace him were a motley crew and none worth the lead in my pencil to put a cross for. I shudder to think that the new boundaries may well actually give Mr Lavery (another one who employs his family at public expense) a possibly very good chance to spend another 5 yrs sponging off the taxpayer!! the present incumbent does nowt but turns up anywhere there is a camera and has failed to do anything about any of the 'imperative issues that must be addressed' as listed in the election campaign - and that includes not replying to e--mail questions about that -- ho hum.... ( A1 ? dual ?? that would be the A1 duelling that was agreed 30 yrs ago at Mousen/Purdey Lodge and nowt has been done - or the dual bit at causey park mooted 15 yrs ago and side-lined - but its ok as the road that goes from nowhere to nowhere will always lead over the rainbow to the pot of gold at the new county hall at Ashington)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Latest plans for the election boundary changes have been released and the national press are naturally focusing on Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn. If the changes take place it will be interesting to see if Ian Lavery fights to retain the Ashington / Berwick seat or pops across the Wansbeck to take over a safe seat from Ronnie Campbell who plans to step down before the next election.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41643467

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bedlingtonian said:

Latest plans for the election boundary changes have been released and the national press are naturally focusing on Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn. If the changes take place it will be interesting to see if Ian Lavery fights to retain the Ashington / Berwick seat or pops across the Wansbeck to take over a safe seat from Ronnie Campbell who plans to step down before the next election.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41643467

I think your predictions are spot on Bedlingtonian

Last election for Berwick 2017 the Tory won 22,145 votes (52 per cent) this time round, compared to 16,603 (41.4 per cent) in 2015, with Labour's Scott Dickinson (10.364)

Could you imagine Ashington as a Tory Town :o they would be chucking themselves of the pigeon Crees :lol:

Edited by moe19
  • Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now