Camergon

threegee

David Cameron resigns as MP, triggering by-election in his Witney constituency

Pretty much good riddance I think, and a few did see this coming.  Alternative headline: Petulant Etonian Schooboy Takes [rugby] Ball Away.

So much for your protestations of necessary service to the Tory party, and to our Country.  Go practice your lying skills somewhere else Dave!

• Like 2

Not one newspaper has anything good to say about him:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/12/david-cameron-had-to-go

...as a new inductee into the rootless and roaming global elite of former political leaders, Cameron will already know that he has a choice between making a black-tie speech in Chicago for a six-figure sum and giving out the prizes at the annual Burford Conservative harvest festival.

And, we've already seen him choose. Doubtless a decision made on one of his never-ending holidays for reflection. Can I really be bothered with the little people?  Well no, forget that promise to look after the people in my constituency; file it away with all my other "cast iron" promises.

May is busily unpicking a lot of what he did.  It's clear that she regards both him an Osborne with contempt, and has practically said such.  I suppose he's spared us a Ted Heath style super-sulk, so that's something to be grateful for.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now