Geopolitics and banking.......

It's about time all this was brought into the open. It's a giant Ponzi scheme that will one day collapse and that day is looming ever nearer.

The sad fact is that 99% of the global population just haven't grasped this fact. You can't blame them though, as the PTB do their utmost to confuse the issue.

For those who don't already know, it works a bit like this: You want a loan. Before you even walk into the Bank that money doesn't exist - anywhere. However, the nice, friendly, Bank Manager rattles a few keys on his computer and Hey Presto!, £10,000 is conjured from thin air and appears in your account. 'Wonderful!' I hear you say. However, that non-existant money now has to be paid back to the Bank .... with INTEREST! So, you now have to work very hard to pay back 2 to 3 times the initial amount, that never existed in the first place! If you don't pay it back bailiffs come and remove your possessions, giving the Bank REAL goods for their imaginary money.

This is why I say to people struggling with debt repayments - 'Don't pay them! Forget about it. Have a life.' Yes, they'll chase you for it, but so what. Pay a nominal amount (£1 a month will do) and carry on as normal.

Forget about threats of WWIII,  the World will collapse when Fractional Reserve Banking collapses.

I have been a saver all my life I can recall at the turn of the century I had an account with the now defunct Alliance and Leicester  (taken over by Sandander ) I was receiving interest at a staggering rate of 12.25%,  I am now receiving from my present bankers the insulting sum of 0.5% interest.

I can also recall as many here will that the mortgage payments  I made in the Thatcher years more than  doubled, we used to receive a letter  from our lender Northern Rock at least once a month informing us of another rate rise, if we had borrowed beyond our limits like many folk did we would have been unable to make the payments and ended up homeless like a lot of poor folk did in them times, thank god we did not. 

I seem to have had the worst of financial luck paying a fortune in interest as a borrower and now earning nothing as a saver, the folk who have mortgages today are very lucky the government is keeping the rates low and I wish them well, but how long can this situation continue .

As we possibly head for negative interest some banks are talking of charging customers interest for money they have in current accounts ( I already pay hefty charges on my business account) are we going to see what is already happening in Japan happen here,disgruntled folk have created  a shortage of safes apparently in Japan as people are buying them on mass and withdrawing savings from banks to store at home .

Why should I allow a bank to have my savings and lend them out to borrowers charging then interest making the bank money to pay bloated salaries to its champagne swilling hooray Henri's but giving me and others like me nothing,

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/831ace74-3471-11e6-bda0-04585c31b153.html#axzz4JOViXNup     

Edited by moe19
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Vic Patterson said:

I also like that guy Malcolm, Webtrekker, why would any decent honest person not feel obliged to try and repay a dept? If you borrowed $10,000 and spent it, regardless of where the money came from surely you must be obliged to repay it.

Fair enough Vic, but when you say 'decent and honest' you are referring to the borrower, not the lender. If you borrowed 10 grand and slaved most of your life trying to repay 3 times the amount you borrowed before discovering that the money came from nowhere and the lender wouldn't even be out of pocket if it was never paid back, would you not feel a little peeved? Add to that the situation where people go back to the bank saying they can't afford to repay the loan and come out with a BIGGER loan at the 'sound advice' of the bank manager!

It's bloody criminal!

I should add though that if I borrowed any amount from family and friends then I'd repay it asap and add on my own interest even if it was never asked for.

Edited by webtrekker

5 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Fair enough Vic, but when you say 'decent and honest' you are referring to the borrower, not the lender. If you borrowed 10 grand and slaved most of your life trying to repay 3 times the amount you borrowed before discovering that the money came from nowhere and the lender wouldn't even be out of pocket if it was never paid back, would you not feel a little peeved? Add to that the situation where people go back to the bank saying they can't afford to repay the loan and come out with a BIGGER loan at the 'sound advice' of the bank manager!

It's bloody criminal!

I should add though that if I borrowed any amount from family and friends then I'd repay it asap and add on my own interest even if it was never asked for.

I agree 100% yes I'm referring to the real people not the money institutions, I have no love for the financial institutions, businesses, banks lenders etc, I think it is criminal to allow the rates and charges they are allowed to bleed from the working people then see the record breaking profits they make for their shareholders.

Alberta recently legislated BIG changes what lenders can bleed from the public, pity they couldn’t do the same to banks, living in a small town it’s easy to use the bank as you are friends and neighbours to the manager, tellers and the janitor but the same gouging rules apply. I don’t ever remember going into a bank in the UK!

I do remember my mom getting a "Provi" for our shoes etc,

2 hours ago, Vic Patterson said:

getting a "Provi" for our shoes etc,

The Provi is still going, none of us really looked at interest rates in those days I wonder what rate the Provi was charging then.

I can remember my Grandmother used to get a Shepard's club out for the Ashington store, as kids we were mesmerised by  those  compressed air pipes that whizzed the canisters to the cash office, Shepard's also had its own plastic money in the form of coins if you took a club out you got your change in Shepard's money so it had to be spent back in the store.  

Some folk had more tick than a clock.:lol: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now