Sign in to follow this  
webtrekker

Idiot farmer employing gas gun ...

I live in the Stakeford area now and I'm sick and tired of the propane gas gun (supposedly to scare off pigeons) going off in a nearby field. It's scaring the sh*t out of my poor dog and other animals in the area. I realise there is no regulation for these things but it's time this idiot was stopped.

From your initial comment I am sure you have done loads of searching on the www only to find  there's not a lot you can do, even if the owner of the gun is not following the NFU guidelines.

I know complaints take ages to get seen and normally the response to the majority of complaints is 'current guidelines are not being broken etc. etc' but I still think it's worth you, and every other resident in the area, filling in a complaint and requesting the noise levels of the gun be measured to ensure they are within current NCC/Eu/NFU/...... guidlines.

Attached the West Riding Guidelines extract from their PDF document as it's often handy to use/copy council words when complaining. 

Report a noise problem.jpg

West Riding guidelines.jpg