Unable to add photos to existing Gallery Albums

For the last couple of days I have been unable to add photos to any existing Gallery Albums that I created.

I did select the 'Contact us' option and pasted the fail message into the Contact us message and send it but no acknowledgment of my action was received from the 'system'.

Permissions error.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

A further test - I tried uploading into an album created another member - Carole - Netherton/Nedderton Old Photos - and saved that photo into the album, no problem.

Back to  Bedlington Station 1st School album and another attempt to post a photo - FAILED again with the Error code as before.

Doh 

Tried creating a new Album for 'Bedlington Station 1st School.' [full stop at end of name to make it unique], using a photo that had already been loaded into the existing 'Bedlington Station 1st School' :- Failed as above.

Checked the photo properties of the photos I have been attempting to load and they have the same attributes as other photos on my system that have loaded into an album Ok.

Attempted to upload a new photo, from the same folder on my system where I keep copies of photos already uploaded, into the existing Bedlington Station 1st school album and it failed as above.

Copied the photo, that had just failed to upload, on to my Desktop and tried to upload into existing album - failed as above.

Checked, checked, thumped my heed, checked again and couldn't find anything within my system that would possibly hint at why these attempte uploads were failing.

Went back to the Bedlington site to sign out, approx 1 hour after having failed to load '1940s' photo into Bedlington Station 1st School album and the  photo was there!!  

Attempted to upload a another photo, into the existing Bedlington Station 1st school album and back to Error Code IS111/1.

I am not singing and dancing in the rain  doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do.

This morning at 07:54 successfully loaded a photo - Westrridge c1950 Class ?? -, that has, on approx 10 attempts, failed to load over the past 4 days, into the album  'Westridge School - End of term class photos'

In my euphoria, (and confirming computer was plugged in) I switched to the album - Bedlington Station 1st School - and attempted to upload 'Class 4 1959-50 Mrs Patterson' - with the result Error 1S111/1. 

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Don'y they know it's the end of the world cos the Gallery doesn't love me anymore! 

Why does my heart go on beating
Why do these eyes of mine cry
Don't they know it's the end of the world
It ended when you said Error 1S111/1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canny lass said:

You seem to have a real knack for finding trouble!

This is true. I used to work in a team of blokes and we often encountered problems (opportunities really ), especially when installing upgraded software/firmware to ICL large systems. One lad in the team once said - 'you lot are always creating problems, but I never appear to'. That's right, we said - 'you never do any of the upgrades!' and that kept him quiet and he remained (mmm perhaps we should have voted for him to exit) in that state for ever.

I've created a database for community software error codes with the intention of applying the solutions to the codes. I need to find a few more to make it worthwhile. 

3 hours ago, Eggy1948 said:

This morning at 07:54 successfully loaded a photo - Westrridge c1950 Class ?? -, that has, on approx 10 attempts, failed to load over the past 4 days, into the album  'Westridge School - End of term class photos'

In my euphoria, (and confirming computer was plugged in) I switched to the album - Bedlington Station 1st School - and attempted to upload 'Class 4 1959-50 Mrs Patterson' - with the result Error 1S111/1. 

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Don'y they know it's the end of the world cos the Gallery doesn't love me anymore! 

Why does my heart go on beating
Why do these eyes of mine cry
Don't they know it's the end of the world
It ended when you said Error 1S111/1.

Foxy likes this !!;)

Uploaded and posted two photos in Bedlington Station 1st school album without any fails- the same two photos I have been attempting for the previous few days.

need to find some more photos whilst the going is good!

I would suspect that the system was reloaded/refreshed/restarted last night and the 'input areas' for uploading photos cleared out (or increased in size) allowing today's uploads to stored Ok.

Off to find some more photos.

Another success, photo posted in Barrington County Primary School. I can only assume a fix has been applied and the world will be a better place - I'msinging and dancing in the rain - doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eggy1948 said:

17 days of continuous success at saving uploaded photos into Gallery Albums.

doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do, doo be do do, doobe doobe do do

Like others, this particular good run obviously started on 23rd June.  You'll likely need to thank the very many people in our area who possess excellent political judgement. ;)

What a glorious feelin' - I'm happy again

18 minutes ago, threegee said:

Like others, this particular good run obviously started on 23rd June.  You'll likely need to thank the very many people in our area who possess excellent political judgement. ;)

What a glorious feelin' - I'm happy again

I remain delighted and will try and develop my political judgement.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Isn't life brilliant, errors resolved on loading images into existing Albums but now another opportunity just presents itself.

Attempting to create a new Album in 'Historic Bedlington' but when attempting to upload an image (10.54 x 6.84 ins = 237KB) at the ' Stage 1 - Create New Album - Drag files here to attach, or choose files...' I am returned with - 'There was a problem uploading a file'.

Ensured there were no other programs holding onto the file but same result.

Screen dump to show the error + the photo in question attached, without problem into this posting :-   

Problem uploading file.jpg

Bed High School 2015 aerial2.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

4 hours ago, Canny lass said:

It's all this new-fangled technology, Eggy! It was much better with photo albums and sticky tape.

New technology or just the old - allocated space or indexes for new album?

If I create four corner slits/slots on my screen I could just slot in each photo as I go through the albums.

I could use an envelope - of any size from DL, C5, C6/C5, C6, C7/C6, C7, C8, C9 and C10 under the standard letter rate as long as they aren't too thick, 5mm, or too heavy, 100g, and post the photos to the bedlington.co.uk office.  

Just uploaded and posted a photo in the Barrington County Primary School album. So I have gone metric and had upload success all in one day.

New technology, bring it on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

I'll have an attempt to create a new album now Eggy, we'll see what happens.

New album created no problem, (with an assortment of pics)  I've left it in the Gallery for now,  you have my sympathy Eggs  as I had a similar problem that you are now having and it cured itself without explanation???

Cheers John - my next guess would be that I have used all the space allocated to Eggy1948. Again I am guessing but I think my allocation of space will have to be increased and the system will have to be reloaded to pick up the new allocation. Like the technical bit we would explain to the wife when we fixed an electrical device by switching it ON & OFF when they weren't looking!

I will see if I can add comments, and photos, into the Album you have created.

Eggy  

As it appears the system was reloaded today I had another go at creating an album and using the 'choose files.......' option within stage 1 of the Create New Album sequence.

Failed as before. Following that fail I did go on to create a new album and uploaded the file at stages 2 to 3 without problems.

Project2.png

• 1 month later...

Andy - I have been able to upload photos into existing albums 

On 10/21/2016 at 20:41, Eggy1948 said:

As it appears the system was reloaded today I had another go at creating an album and using the 'choose files.......' option within stage 1 of the Create New Album sequence.

Failed as before. Following that fail I did go on to create a new album and uploaded the file at stages 2 to 3 without problems.

Andy - Following the fail at Stage 1 on 10th Oct 2016, unlike previous attempts, I decided to carry on at Stage 2 et seq as the system was allowing me to and it worked so I did create the album, Sch. near Bells Place - Hollymount Hall - 1896, on that day. I haven't had any other problems adding to existing albums so all has worked, as expected, over the last two months.   

I am still using Microsoft Windows Vista, not supported now, but I'm expecting my Desktop & OS to see me out so I won't be upgrading, unless my HP Pavillion Slimline S3624uk, with 19" screen and Keyboard,  collapses in a heap.  

I don't have any new Albums waiting to be created. If you would like me to do a test I would be happy to have a go at creating a 'Test' album and if it works ie. does not report an error at Stage 1, I will complete all stages and then that Test album can be deleted.

Thanks

Eggy

Edited by Eggy1948

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now