Bedlington Picnic

On 7/15/2016 at 09:31, Andy (4G) said:

The site is whatever you put on it. It is community led with no "agenda". Anybody can advertise, discuss or not discuss anything they like.

Apologies if that sounded like a jibe at those who moderate and run the site, it wasn't meant that way.

It was aimed, as you clarified, at the lack of residential (and other) input on the site these days resulting in any actual discussion of the town and what is happening (or NOT happening) in it left to outside sources such as Facebook and other outlets.

I remember a vibrant community when I first joined years ago (Over 10!) on the website with many topics being discussed daily.
Mind, Nothing ever got anywhere then either, but at least it was being discussed!

23 hours ago, Eggy1948 said:

Foxy - this is just a guess. The images you have displayed in this topic have an approx size of 10 x 7 ins. and I am guessing that this size is what the system has automatically resized the uploaded image to so it can post within the posting. If I select the photo, by 'mouse-click'  the system appears to display the original uploaded image with a size of approx 60 x 40 ins !!

Could you have the size setting on your camera to 60 x 40 ins? You could try changing the size on you camera and see if this system allows you to load multiple smaller images.

Of course I could be totally on the wrong track and GGG will have an answer.

This is your photo downloaded into my system - Microsoft Digital Pro 10 - see the sizes on the left. 

Checking size.jpg

Thanks for that Eggy, I'll have a bit fiddle after the weekend, but I've had problems that weren't there before, ever since the website was updated so lets hope your right.

16 hours ago, Maggie/915 said:

Sounds like a plan Canny Lass.

The Red Lion is so busy these days (all day) that it is just take any table you can.

The trouble with lemonade can be the add on double Jack Daniels.

Maggie, nobody takes MY table; NOBODY!

On 15/07/2016 at 10:19, Andy (4G) said:

Perhaps we could have a politics forum to separate these out for those not interested?

Excellent suggestion.

Reset the camera which was on Large  to Medium, went out and took these two test pics tonight, well done Eggy 1948 they uploaded first time. I'll try again tomorrow before I say Pints are on me!!

Did everyone get that? Pints are on Foxy! Form an orderly queue ..............................! :D

2 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Did everyone get that? Pints are on Foxy! Form an orderly queue ..............................! :D

yeah, is that a pig i see at 15000ft?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Picnics at the ready! It's back!

The Bedlington community is pleased to welcome back there community lead event, “The Bedlington Picnic”. After last year’s great success the Bedlington community has begun planning their next event. Already the planning group has been donated £2000 by Former Northumberland County Council Councillor Val Tyler to make this year a success. DW Media has also volunteered his services this year by donating some equipment for the event along with a photo studio where guests can have their photo taken with props and some familiar faces…. Also back this year is the Bedlington Terriers football club who will be running activates for the day. The date has been set for the 1st July which will see local music, talent, businesses and food for the whole family to enjoy. Organiser Vic Thomson said “This is a great opportunity for local people to get involved with their community and show we can come together to make something great!” Entry is free to the event with entertainment running all day for the whole family. The event is still open for more community lead groups and businesses buy stall space by going to the Facebook page Bedlington Picnic or by looking on the website www.bedlingtonpicnic.co.uk

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Bedlington Picnic - 30th June 2018 - Info posted in the 'Events' section :-

Posted on Facebook by Vic Thompson :-

With the snow now cleared from Attlee Park and sledging (hopefully) over until much later in the year, it’s time to look towards the summer...
This year, we’re excited to announce that we’re planning the Bedlington Picnic on Saturday 30th June!
As ever, the event will revolve around the talents and efforts of our local community, displaying all of the amazing things that Bedlington has to offer. This is an opportunity for our talented artists to perform to a large audience, organisations to display the great work they are doing, groups to recruit new members, fundraisers to get support... and more!
If you think you would like to get involved in any way, whether it be to perform, display, sell, or help with the organisation, please get in touch! It would be great to have as many people involved as possible for 2018!
We look forward to hearing from you all 1f600.png😀

AAnything to add for this years event @Danielwilkinson?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Danielwilkinson said:

Yes, will be down there on the day. Going live on Beach Hut TV as well!

Champion - I will post the timetable of events + parking and transport arrangements that is due to be published in the next couple of days via Vic Thompson.

I don't think I'll be around for this event this year (which likely gives certain members the belief I should't comment on it) but will say I would be there if I was. It's a great community event organised by a good friend of mine who puts her absolute heart and soul into the day, and I doubt anyone could do it better. Should I happen to be in the area, I'll avoid the absolute hell that is apparently the rest of the town, where it seems you can't move an inch without someone weeing in the street or punching someone else's lights out, and head down here. Good luck!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now