Whats the EU ever done for us.......

18 hours ago, Spuggy said:

P.S.

Congratulations Brexitiers,

how do you propose to reconcile with citizens who may have to leave their choice of abode, how do you think they feeling???

I will tell you exactly how they are feeling: they are ecstatic they have their country back and are planning ex-pat liberation day parties in the sun.  They are still proudly displaying Leave.eu stickers on their cars (photos on request).  They are cheering on the locals to be as bold as the UK, and end the misery, unemployment, and zero growth that has persisted since the adoption of the Euro.

They didn't buy Cameron and Cleggie's lies and are amazed there are idiots back home who did.  Brits have always lived in the Med and their retirement money is desperately needed (as are the earnings from many locals who go to work in the UK as there are no jobs in Southern Europe).  They like Europe, Southern Europe likes them - all hate the EU!

Sorry to dent your illusions with some objective facts.  ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, threegee said:

Utter Brollox!  Leave is about the future, not the last 41 years of gravy-train politics for the elites and nothing but punishment for indigenous populations.  The sheer elitist arrogance that brands everyone who voted Leave as living in the past makes my blood boil.  People who voted out voted for the future: a future of liberty, and not one of Orwellian subservience.

AAMOF we need to do a lot more glorification of our past and not be constantly apologising for it like the Little Europeans would have us do.  But the past can only be regarded as a pointer to what we can achieve as a united country; no one takes it as a wish list for the future.

The real difference between those who voted to leave and those who didn't is that the latter have a bad case of (super)state dependency.  It's a disease which this country regularly catches, and when the symptoms become clear we always manage to shake off, and then prosper once again using our own God-given talents and enterprise.  Unfortunately each generation has to build up their own immunity to new strains of the disease, and it's never completely eradicated as isolated pockets always remain where people won't take the medication on religious grounds!

Just wait until their pensions begin to shrivel up.

I see the pound has even gone below the Argentine peso as the most under performing currency in 2016

BB

18 hours ago, threegee said:

Utter Brollox!  Leave is about the future, not the last 41 years of gravy-train politics for the elites and nothing but punishment for indigenous populations.  The sheer elitist arrogance that brands everyone who voted Leave as living in the past makes my blood boil.  People who voted out voted for the future: a future of liberty, and not one of Orwellian subservience.

AAMOF we need to do a lot more glorification of our past and not be constantly apologising for it like the Little Europeans would have us do.  But the past can only be regarded as a pointer to what we can achieve as a united country; no one takes it as a wish list for the future.

The real difference between those who voted to leave and those who didn't is that the latter have a bad case of (super)state dependency.  It's a disease which this country regularly catches, and when the symptoms become clear we always manage to shake off, and then prosper once again using our own God-given talents and enterprise.  Unfortunately each generation has to build up their own immunity to new strains of the disease, and it's never completely eradicated as isolated pockets always remain where people won't take the medication on religious grounds!

OOOOOOH I do seem to have hit a nerve!

Threeegee, you know as well as I do that the number that voted to leave the EU for the reasons detailed here are as rare as draughtsmans sweat.

BB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebarby said:

OOOOOOH I do seem to have hit a nerve!

Threeegee, you know as well as I do that the number that voted to leave the EU for the reasons detailed here are as rare as draughtsmans sweat.

BB

No such thing!  My daughter, for one, was concerned for the future of the grandchildren and voted accordingly. This pretty much goes for all Leavers I've discussed this with. They are - to a person - very rational people. The sheer arrogance of the Park Lane type "remanians" - that only they voted for all the right reasons - is breath-taking.

Ordinary people might not be able to express their hopes and fears as eloquently as the Guardianista mob (and they are a mob), but that in no way indicates that their hopes and fears are any less moral, or less grounded in reality.

By contrast, many of the Europhiles I've talked to display a sort of religiosity about all things EU (which they deliberately conflate with Europe), and are incapable of taking part in a rational discussion.  They simply don't want to know about the overwhelming negatives, or hear about what it really means for people in southern Europe. There is clearly something lacking in their lives that they feel a need to belong to such a dysfunctional and outdated concept. The diminishing number of EUphiles will shortly be likened to the people who, even today, long for the return of the former Soviet Union.

3 hours ago, bluebarby said:

Just wait until their pensions begin to shrivel up.

I see the pound has even gone below the Argentine peso as the most under performing currency in 2016

BB

Are you talking about the private pensions that have just surged in value following the post-Brexit vote UK stock market boom?  (Whilst other European markets have fallen).

Those living in the continental EU have been here before on the value of the pound to the Euro under Global Gordon.  The "weak holders" sold up and left years ago.  It's just a matter of time before there's a return to the pre-Euro local currency devaluations that ex-pats in previous generations came to thrive on.  No ex-pat in their right mind keeps anything but immediate living expenses in a Eurozone bank (a bit like the locals really ;) ).

"No such thing!  My daughter, for one, was concerned for the future of the grandchildren and voted accordingly."

Quite possibly but did she ask their opinion first? (have you seen the latest age group referendum figures? Most Brexit voters, or at least the ones that shaffed the nation, including you and me, will be either buried or burnt by the time we finally get rid of the EU)

"There is clearly something lacking in their lives that they feel a need to belong to such a dysfunctional and outdated concept"

I think the answer to that is that they know full well which side their bread is buttered on and have no desire to cut their nose off to spite their face! 

Fighting the good fight is much better fought from from the inside than chucking stones into oblivion on the outside, any fool knows that.

"Ordinary people might not be able to express their hopes and fears as eloquently as the Guardianista mob (and they are a mob), but that in no way indicates that their hopes and fears are any less moral, or less grounded in reality."

Sheesh! You are back to talking gobbledegook - again. 

By contrast, many of the Europhiles I've talked to display a sort of religiosity about all things EU (which they deliberately conflate with Europe), and are incapable of taking part in a rational discussion

Sheesh, Sheesh, Yet more and bigger gobbledegok - yet again.

The diminishing number of EUphiles will shortly be likened to the people who, even today, long for the return of the former Soviet Union.

Sheesh, sheesh, sheesh. Unbelievable gigantenormus Gobbledegook - again. (Yes, I know there is no such word as "gigantenormus" - I just made it up- but lets face it, 3g, it does make a lot more sense than all your rantings put together this evening)

Tonight I have been waiting (well, I tell a lie,  not all the time. I have to admit I did watch the football, it wasn't very good though, so poor in fact that me and my missus watched an episode of Vera we had taped during the first half.) with baited breath of some gems of 3g wisdom and all I have is total and utter text book Brexit  gigantenormus (there you go I have used that word again, catching innit?) gobbledegook, I am disappointed, I expected better, much better.

8/10 must try harder.

However as much as I too dislike the EU I will not go away until you and your ilk have admitted that you have shaffed this nation not just for a short while but for the next 50 years. That is a lot of guilt to for cowards likes of Fararge and Johnson (plus the other conservative geek that I have already forgot the name of)  to carry. 

The description of rats leaving the sinking ship is much to much good for them.

BB

ps where is this Merlin bloke has he not finished thinking yet?

• Like 1

Hmm ... they seem to have missed my posts or are ignoring them No worries, I'll just talk amongst myself, I'm sure they won't mind. They probably weren't interested in the fact that Deutsche Bank is on the verge of collapse and with take down the whole EU with it. No, they wouldn't be concerned about that, would they? Silly me! Better if I just keep my opinions to myself while they continue arguing  with each other. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good argument now, would we.

Uh oh ........... they're coming back .................

22 hours ago, threegee said:

Like JCJ you don't seem to understand mission accomplished.  Juncker though doesn't understand that some people enter politics for reasons of belief and commitment, or that there could possibly be any motivation other than pursuing a work-avoiding highly lucrative career.  That really says it all about the EU.

I don't think mission is accomplished at all. In fact, I'd go as far as to suggest we won't actually leave the EU at all, and that things will not change. You make a lot of fine points about the EU - many of which I agree with - but I, personally (and many others I know who are heavily immersed in commerce and industry in this country) feel to leave and - indeed - the imminent destruction of the EU is not a great prospect. I guess we have to wait and see. 

11 hours ago, bluebarby said:

"No such thing!  My daughter, for one, was concerned for the future of the grandchildren and voted accordingly."

Quite possibly but did she ask their opinion first? (have you seen the latest age group referendum figures? Most Brexit voters, or at least the ones that shaffed the nation, including you and me, will be either buried or burnt by the time we finally get rid of the EU)

"There is clearly something lacking in their lives that they feel a need to belong to such a dysfunctional and outdated concept"

I think the answer to that is that they know full well which side their bread is buttered on and have no desire to cut their nose off to spite their face! 

Fighting the good fight is much better fought from from the inside than chucking stones into oblivion on the outside, any fool knows that.

"Ordinary people might not be able to express their hopes and fears as eloquently as the Guardianista mob (and they are a mob), but that in no way indicates that their hopes and fears are any less moral, or less grounded in reality."

Sheesh! You are back to talking gobbledegook - again. 

By contrast, many of the Europhiles I've talked to display a sort of religiosity about all things EU (which they deliberately conflate with Europe), and are incapable of taking part in a rational discussion

Sheesh, Sheesh, Yet more and bigger gobbledegok - yet again.

The diminishing number of EUphiles will shortly be likened to the people who, even today, long for the return of the former Soviet Union.

Sheesh, sheesh, sheesh. Unbelievable gigantenormus Gobbledegook - again. (Yes, I know there is no such word as "gigantenormus" - I just made it up- but lets face it, 3g, it does make a lot more sense than all your rantings put together this evening)

Tonight I have been waiting (well, I tell a lie,  not all the time. I have to admit I did watch the football, it wasn't very good though, so poor in fact that me and my missus watched an episode of Vera we had taped during the first half.) with baited breath of some gems of 3g wisdom and all I have is total and utter text book Brexit  gigantenormus (there you go I have used that word again, catching innit?) gobbledegook, I am disappointed, I expected better, much better.

8/10 must try harder.

However as much as I too dislike the EU I will not go away until you and your ilk have admitted that you have shaffed this nation not just for a short while but for the next 50 years. That is a lot of guilt to for cowards likes of Fararge and Johnson (plus the other conservative geek that I have already forgot the name of)  to carry. 

The description of rats leaving the sinking ship is much to much good for them.

BB

ps where is this Merlin bloke has he not finished thinking yet?

OK I will try and use little words for you - the thing is I don't believe in talking down to people, and the fact that they might miss a few of the subtleties is immaterial in the general scheme of things.  I don't set out to insult the intelligence of others, but the Remainians seem to make a religion of this. It's pretty pointless picking out individual paragraphs of what I've written if the standard counter you have is Sheesh, sheesh. Try re-reading what I wrote objectively, and without your sense of moral outrage.

I voted for the EEC.  I'm ashamed of that, but I had an excuse for believing lying politicians. My principal excuse is that I was wet behind the ears at the time. What's your excuse for falling hook line and sinker for all the EU is our future bilge?

You do your best for future generations, and that's what both I and my daughter did.  You use your life experience, which is something they will only acquire through time. No one much under twenty has the life experience which enables then to make a balanced judgment on how the country should be run.  We are too impressionable at that age and have little perspective.  Lowering the voting age is a crude politico's tactic. They use the excuse of widening the franchise and furthering democracy, but in fact they are $^%^ scared of democracy (c.f. the Liberal "Democrats").  If the EU could  get away with it we'd see a directive that the universal voting age must be fifteen.

Every time I discuss this with a EUphile they preface anything they say with the excuse about how they know that the EU is broken, but they have considered thing and that it's better that we fix it from the inside.  This would be fine if anyone inside wanted to fix things, but from the perspective of the vast majority of Euro politicos everything is just hunky dory.  As long as the cracks can be papered over, and the debt mountain can still be added to, and unaudited accounts can be ignored, and the unjustified salaries and expenses keep on flowing, there's nothing at all to fix!  Anyone who has had a glimpse of the inside of the EU monster knows this its true; so why the pretence?  The EU can't even tackle a simple straightforward reform like the Brussels-Strasbourg charade - and these people profess that they have the solutions for all Europe's problems.

will not go away until you and your ilk have admitted that you have shaffed this nation not just for a short while but for the next 50 years. That is a lot of guilt to for cowards likes of Fararge and Johnson (plus the other conservative geek that I have already forgot the name of)  to carry. 

Well, I'm tempted to answer Sheesh...  I haven't stopped "beating my wife yet" because I never started beating my wife.  Nigel is one of the bravest guys around.  No one has "shafted" anyone, though fools have been rescued from their own folly by the ever-stumbling democratic process.   The UK will prosper.  If Scotland is dumb enough to separate rUK will prosper even more.  There is nothing to get animated about because the future is just fine, and democracy has received a long overdue shot in the arm.  Above all our children and grandchildren now have the opportunity to use the very same democratic process - something which we'd surely have robbed them of if we'd voted to "Remain".

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too.

-- W. Somerset Maugham

Before we all get too carried away with our own righteousness and of course incontestable conclusions can anyone tell me why the hell we are rattling Putin’s cage? 

This wouldn’t have anything to do with the EU showing just how good it is at keeping the peace in Europe and therefore annulling anymore potential referenda in other EU countries, or am I just way too conspiratorial? 

moe19

Last question first, that means from the bottom up.

From the bottom up is also my chosen life time “flavour” for democracy.

moe19 Said:

"If ya as good wi ya gob as ya are wi ya fingas ya must be able ta talk a glass eye ta sleep"

SPUGGY SAYS:

It wouldn’t surprise me in the faintest, if & when, I subjected you to the capacity of my verbal ability, as in the acronym (TATT) you “MAY” fall asleep!

Although “Physical impediments” can also be a cause for (TATT).

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3298102/Hope-feel-TATT-s-Tired-Time-Unique-NHS-service-launched-combat-long-term-fatigue.html)

The “fingas” alas, the dexterity of my digits, the organs of manipulation & sensation, they are sometimes referred to as phalanges.

In spite of “degenerative arthritis” in my knuckle bone joints, sometimes even quiet painful, they are still able enough to flick a “PENKER” size “MARBEL” that may cause the need for having a glass eye.

You’re lucky, I’m not ambidextrous, my proficiency is impaired & anyway, you would “DUCK” before I’m able to deliver a second, thus missing out on the opportunity, to have two.

moe19 Said:

"And as for leaving ya choice of abode, folk got a residence to live in other Countries long before we joined the loony EU so ya place in the sun will be safe"

SPUGGY SAYS:

Now that is complex, but not too difficult to answer…

I still haven’t left my present choice of abode, it is the place where I am residing.

I agree about the “EU” being LOONY” the Common Market wasn’t.!!!

The bit about “ya place in the sun” is tricky & has me baffled. What connection is there, between “ya place in the sun” & the EU?

You, yourself are certainly not in any position to, & neither will you be able to…

Remove either my democratic right of ABODE, be it in the United Kingdom Of Great Britain or Northern Ireland. The same goes for millions of others with the same right.

Despite you having a democratic right to do what you did…

I, along with many, many, many others, we put our heads above the parapet for people like you, so that you can feel safe…

moe19 Said:

"Stop squawking like you've been badly done by.its your choice to live somewhere else no one forced ya"

SPUGGY SAYS:

“Squawk”!!!

I can’t “Squawk” not like an extinct Dodo, or Moa.

Is it possible that "NANDO" chickens can “Squawk”?

I chose the “NAMA” of SPUGGY, cos he only “Cheeps” now & again.

By the way the “NAMA” of SPUGGY, is a “free, democratic choice, “SPUGGY” has, as ye di, ya sel, still got the right to choose….

A) What nest he sleeps in….

B) No matter where…

C) No matter when…

D) No matter how long for, just like it’s his democratic right not to expand on other, more obvious, choices.

E) With your choice of “BREXIT”, you are possibly in the process of revoking, not just mine, but the right of millions being able to make a democratic choice.

What does that have to do with democracy???

Nearly everyone who contributes on this “Site” uses an “Alias” it is a free & democratic choice.

moe19 Said:

"If you want to lie on ya back in the sun supping cheap beer and scoffing burgers that's up to you but ya don't deserve a shout in what happens in my back yard ."

SPUGGY SAYS:

It can be very uncomfortable, impracticable & it is downright gormless to participate in the consummation of fluids, whilst lying parallel to the plane of the horizon, in the sun, no matter the price, no matter the fluid.

Now when you simultaneously mention the scoffing of “Burgers”, while lying on your back supping cheap beer, that will only happen under one condition &…

I strongly recommend you try

Burgermeister

Oberbaumstraße 8, 10997 Berlin, Deutschland (Kreuzberg)

“BESTER BURGER DER STADT!!!!!!”

Maybe they’ll make a special offer, for “BREXITIERS” like you?

Buy one, get a refugee with family for free!!!

Don’t go there when you’re really clamming for a “Burger” the queue can be awesomely long.

“Sugar Drinks” are not normally my choice, but try “FRITZ COLA” it's fantastic.

“Burgermeister” is a fast food establishment occupying the premises of a “Public Netty” (Toilet) of post “Victorian Era”

Very ornate, loads of cast-iron.

It is situated underneath the “Linie Eins” overhead underground, railway.

What I deserve or don't deserve, moe19 it is impossible to contemplate that you could have anything to do with it.

What gave or gives you the impression that I could possess, or would even have any inclination to shout in your back yard.?

You & your back yard have just about the same amount of interest to me, as the temperature of “Sea Gull shite”, when it splatters all-over the top of a Knickerbocker Glory.

Don’t encroach on my rights & it will remain that way.

moe19 Said:

"Why should you have a vote for what happens in a Country you choose not to live in, you want to have ya cake and eat it son."

SPUGGY SAYS:

On what grounds should I, with millions of others be denied the right???

I like millions of others, we’ve already paid for the cake, it is solely our own choice of where & when we eat it.

You can refrain from the use of “SON” we don’t have anything in common!!!

As yet I haven’t drawn any of my “English State Pension” to consume abroad…

moe19 Said:

"Well it has happened so get over it hinney."

SPUGGY SAYS:

I’ve heard on DUCK-DUCK-GO hinney, that demand for “Japanese Hammers” has soared!

You under estimate the ramifications of your “BREXIT” vote, it was not democratic…

I, with millions of others, will not get over it.

I like millions of others are still prepared to make a case for REAL CHANGES, REAL REFORM of the EU, what are the consequences of your vote going to be?

When the “Vicars daughter” can change her mind faster than a defunct weather vane.

No more “CAPONS” now. Now it’s the turn of the “MAY – Hem” “HEN” to revolve…

On a BBQ ? No thanks

Aareet bonny lads & lasses, tha’s a load of gadgie's that might be gannin' proper radgie, like.

They might of ordered one of them Japanese hoyin contraptions.

Meanwhile, the chaos & MAY-HEM goes on, & on, & on…gettin’ real hacky like.

A divvint want to live in a new world of me own

No dialog, no peace, no future!

The EU was the icing on the cake, it is disgusting, it is vile, it has to be changed...

Just like dirty water, you don’t throw it away, until you have a fresh supply.

Is the taste of TEA better when made with “CHINESE” Northumbrian water?

Well worth watching: Dad's army if the cap fits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSthsvifSNk

moe19 Do you really think your comments could warrant a (PM) from me.

Stop kidding yourself man & stop over estimating your own demand.

I’ll stay open, No (PM)s from Me to YOU.

Fresh LEADERSHIP???

Even the “EAGLE” has just landed like an oooh me goolies bird…

Where is “DEMOCRACY” Where is the Democratic process?

I’ve already mentioned the (MISS) use of “RELIGIOUS SMOKE SCREENS” in another Post

It's now not so obvious what you, threegee & others are pre-empting.

Will other "subjective" threegee observation(s) that will be proven right on the nail!

BE WRONG? Slogged wiv a geet wallah of a Japanese Hammer like…

UNITED WE STAND, LLLLLLL WE LLLL any body there from the BBC who knows how to spell it, & what comes next???

Get real, the EU is PEANUTS in comparison  to “THE GREAT GAME” or if you like the TOURNAMENT OF SHADOWS, even blocking Nr 10 with removal lorries...

wey man, aah divvint na!

10 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Indeed, on seeing the length of it, how many of you actually read ANY of Spuggy's post? :D

If i cant sleep sometimes i read a couple of lines of one of his posts . it puts me our like a light :P

He is sooo easy to wind up, he just cant resist taking the bait :rolleyes:

Edited by moe19

10 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Ok, be honest everyone...

How many of you read ALL of Spuggy's post?

Indeed, on seeing the length of it, how many of you actually read ANY of Spuggy's post? :D

I have to be honest, Webtrekker, I no longer do.I'm sure he has a lot to say, but I'm no longer sure what much of it is. 

14 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Ok, be honest everyone...

How many of you read ALL of Spuggy's post?

I scan them for keywords like threegee, objective and subjective. :)

I wasn't meaning to be rude mind. I'm sure Spuggy has many good points to make, but my experiences with this and many other forums is that brevity is King when it comes to posting. Anything more than a few paragraphs is very off-putting to people who just pop in for the latest gossip.

Another thing that puts me off is when people put a long post in one paragraph, sometimes without capitals or punctuation. I just can't be bothered to read posts like that. I'm not to bothered about correct grammar or spelling as long as I can understand the post and don't have to make up a flask and sandwiches before attempting to read it! :D

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now