Ian Bell - Funeral arrangements

I've had word through the grapevine, so as promised I'm passing it on here.

If I hear anything anything regarding a "Ride of Respect" for him, I'll update you here.

The arrangements have been confirmed for Ian's funeral for Wednesday 29th June.
Starting at 1.30pm at St Cuthberts Chuch, Bedlington followed by a service at Blyth Crematorium at 2.30pm (Family and Close Friends only).
Following that everyone is invited back to Bedlington Social Club (100mtrs from St Cuthberts Church) to celebrate his life in typical Bell tradition!!

Please feel free to share....from Ronnie in the shop

Edited by Christopher Doyle
Quote tag error

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/over-500-bikers-unite-ian-11543189

An idea for those around the world who wanted to be there, but for whatever reason, Couldn't.

I barely knew the man personally, but knew about him.
The atmosphere alone had me choking back tears, especially when the clapping and revving started.

It's a day I won't forget in a hurry.

• Like 3

Today,one and a half years since my near fatal car crash,and never having been on my new bike,which I bought from Ian Bell [just weeks before my crash],I had my first ride-out.Little did I dream that my first ride-out would be packed in between 500 other bikers,male and female,and following Ian's funeral cortege.

I will never forget this day,till the day I die.

Ian Bell was the most amiable,jovial,genuine fella that ever walked this planet.....a reet canny bloke who was well-respected,and is going to be missed for a long time by everybody who knew him.

I am proud of all the people around the North-East,including Bedlington of course,who stood for more than an hour,[some would have been there a few hours],in

pouring rain,to pay tribute to Ian,and show condolence and respect to his Family.

Sitting waiting,in turn,to pull out on the road,to join the cortege,was one of the saddest,yet uplifting,days I have ever had.

The noise of engines was deafening,and so loud that I couldn't hear my own little beast,which I daren't rev too hard as it is not run in,but I gave it some for Ian!

For those who couldn't attend,the sound of applause,followed by the revving of engines,came down the street from Ian's shop,as his coffin came to rest for a minute,like an audio version of a Mexican wave at a football match....it was so emotional,that tears ran as hard as the rain....no kid,and no pussyfooting...fact!

The turn-out reminded me of the days in the 1960's,when Bedlington street was lined with people who came for the annual Miners' Picnic,without the bands and the shows.

I feel humbled,and privileged , to have been there today to see Ian,while still trying to take it in that we won't see him again.

My heart goes out to Ian's Family.

Rest in peace.Ian bell.

• Like 3

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now